Paint Cancer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a quality job, sounds fair.

See that's the thing.. about five years ago I had a jeep. I did the taping, grinding of rust, sanding, filling, etc myself. Then went to the local auto parts store, bought primer, and satin white/pearl paint. Took my time, I did the whole job myself over the summer. Didn't use it as my DD until the fall/winter. Damn thing rusted through by christmas. Granted, I don't know jack about this kinda thing.

Lots of guys are offering to do the bottom half for $1500. I know a guy who did his Jimmy with those guys two years ago, last spring rust started to show up.

The auto collision guys I just got my $3000 quote from did some insurance work on my wife's jimmy two years ago.. It hasn't rusted through at all.

So $1500 and expect rust again in less than a year, Or spend $3000 on the same job with a rust warranty for 5-years.

It'a all about the quality. That's why I didn't bother getting the local backyard guys to give me a quote.

Now it's just a question of whether I want to spend that much or not on this rig...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
true, or get a cheap paint job now that may last well, a year or so, maybe two...then repeat again in 2 years.
If you plan to get rid of it, at least your not out alot of cash. But if you plan to keep it, do it right , once.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I just had mine painted. All the old paint was stripped off and went back over in a high gloss black. Did the undercarriage as well. I'm having a new interior put in then it goes back to paint for touch ups and details. They also changed the oil, replaced the tail lights, reseated the doors.....the list goes on. 3500.00 for everything. Although it took them two damn months to paint it!

OP
OP
G

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya. I love this truck and would like to keep it forever, maybe restore and modify. But I also have an '88 Silverado (extended cab, long bed) that i'd also like to restore. Not to mention I want a new duramax. lol. Decisions, decisions. Guess i'm going to have to find a damn good job when i graduate from college in 2 months.

r00k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had mine painted. All the old paint was stripped off and went back over in a high gloss black. Did the undercarriage as well. I'm having a new interior put in then it goes back to paint for touch ups and details. They also changed the oil, replaced the tail lights, reseated the doors.....the list goes on. 3500.00 for everything. Although it took them two damn months to paint it!

When where and how? They still in business?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01