New Truck in Town vs GM Units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree from the side looks like suburban due to the high belt line of today’s SUVs. As far as interior the Expedition is up a few whole pegs. Nothing looks cheap about it. The platinum is easily nicer than the denali.
Looks like a stretched Explorer to me.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point.

Ford made airbags standard equipment in 1990. Airbags weren't mandated until almost 2000. Let that sink in.

In other words, consumers had already dictated the change and the govt, being the laggards that they are, legislated something that was already common place.

As for smoking, I again agree. Public sentiment towards smoking in restaurants had already turned the corner and very few places allowed for unfettered smoking inside (I’d concede that sketchy bars were different). Once again, the govt simply put the nail in a coffin that consumers had already shut years ago. Smoking bans are created by the states (and originally even on a more local level). If you think the people you elect are doing a poor job, boot them out...Or better yet, run for yourself and change the status quo.

Oh and if restaurants felt like smokers were a big enough portion of their business then they could simply change their charter to private dinner club or sell cigars too and viola, you can smoke there.

I never thought we'd agree this much!!

Passive restraints started to come in the 1987 model year with the motorized seatbelts in the Toyota Camry. Some cars had automatic seatbelts while others had driver side airbags. The automatic seatbelts all but disappeared by the 1992 model year.

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This dude has to be a paid blogger.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I must be a paid blogger for posting an article about a different truck and admitting I like it!!?!? Hahaha there’s a laugh. So easy for people to stay in a cave and bash outsiders. I’ve driven both and I’ve always liked the Expedition as well I thought it was cool they redesigned it. It’s always been a nice and reliable truck but now it’s more caught up and advanced and I think that’s worth noting. Not a paid blogger at all I wouldn’t be slamming their turbo if I was.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be pretty disappointing if an all new model wasn’t at the very least competitive with one in its fourth year. I’m not sure either one is decisively better at this point.

Btw the only ‘18 expedition in my area so far is a platinum stickered at $84k! Ambitious pricing by ford, we’ll see how many of those they move.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be pretty disappointing if an all new model wasn’t at the very least competitive with one in its fourth year. I’m not sure either one is decisively better at this point.

Btw the only ‘18 expedition in my area so far is a platinum stickered at $84k! Ambitious pricing by ford, we’ll see how many of those they move.
My local dealer was like . . . WOW when they saw the price on the de,o that Ford brought to introduce the new Expedition.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer was like . . . WOW when they saw the price on the de,o that Ford brought to introduce the new Expedition.

Ford has to cram 2/3 of the models under the ford nameplate while Chevrolet has chevy, GMC and Cadillac to spread out its price levels.

Essentially ford dealers will be selling vehicles that have to compete against base Tahoe’s as well as 90k Denali trims.

Lincoln then battles Cadillac for the highest echelon.

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Ford and GMs pricing is out of control. The full size SUV, well at least base models are supposed to be affordable for people who want a trucks capability in a passanger vehicle. 50 grand is a complete joke for a base vehicle. They aren’t supposed to be bling mobiles they are supposed to be affordable entry level trucks that an average family can actually afford. They are forgetting about their actual market for people who use them as mall crawlers that never see offroad or a trailer.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Ford and GMs pricing is out of control. The full size SUV, well at least base models are supposed to be affordable for people who want a trucks capability in a passanger vehicle. 50 grand is a complete joke for a base vehicle. They aren’t supposed to be bling mobiles they are supposed to be affordable entry level trucks that an average family can actually afford. They are forgetting about their actual market for people who use them as mall crawlers that never see offroad or a trailer.

Yeah but there are tons of other options these days. Even chevy has two other suvs that hold 7 and have as much cargo room as a Tahoe and are much less $$$. Perfect mom mobiles and mall crawlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz