New Truck in Town vs GM Units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though our LS engines are torque deprived, those twin turbo Fords must spend a lot of time under boost pulling so much weight around with too few cubic inches. No thanks. Inside and out it looks like they shamelessly copied GM, save for that awful looking grill. Good night that's ugly!

Supercharging the 5.3 should handily take care of that competition and make towing even nicer.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the writer is being a little dramatic by saying that the difference is night-n-day. I've been in a lot of Ford trucks and SUVs and have yet to consider any of them luxurious. They are all cheap---as is the interior of my Tahoe. Most American vehicles are cheap inside. It's just the way it is. A Range Rover or Mercedes they are NOT.

The Expedition probably is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of those EcoBoost V6 engines. They sound like a vacuum cleaner and that 3.5L needs a lot of boost to get it to go. I'm not a fan of turbo or supercharged V6 engines. Yes, I have had two of them.

Just my two-cents.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though our LS engines are torque deprived, those twin turbo Fords must spend a lot of time under boost pulling so much weight around with too few cubic inches. No thanks. Inside and out it looks like they shamelessly copied GM, save for that awful looking grill. Good night that's ugly!

Supercharging the 5.3 should handily take care of that competition and make towing even nicer.
What is that saying...no replacement for displacement

06C73449-3679-4379-9043-82879FAA5EBD.png

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New expy looks badass. More power, better towing, higher mpg, better looking.

Excited to drive it and really glad I’m allowed to like it!

Rumor has it that they are going to put their 6L in it down the road.

Fanboys. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone11s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New expy looks badass. More power, better towing, higher mpg, better looking.

Excited to drive it and really glad I’m allowed to like it!

Rumor has it that they are going to put their 6L in it down the road.

Fanboys. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone11s using Tapatalk

If they put their 6.2 in it I’d be at the dealership signing the dotted lign yesterday. I’m a bigger C.I.D guy too. The expy with the 5.4 Triton was always a great pulling truck, wasn’t quick but it was fast enough and pulled like a bear, haven’t driven one with the eco yet. I’m sure it doesn’t have the V8 throat the 5.4 had.

Last edited:
OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree from the side looks like suburban due to the high belt line of today’s SUVs. As far as interior the Expedition is up a few whole pegs. Nothing looks cheap about it. The platinum is easily nicer than the denali.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos