New Toy - 2013 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in Jan I picked up a new to me 2013 GMC Yukon SLT.
154k, Single owner, Tow package. Darn near every option except for the Nav headunit as far as I can tell from the RPO codes.

These pics are the day after I picked it up. What I found really interesting for a vehicle with this amount of mileage was there are almost no major dings, mars, scratches on the interior or exterior surfaces. It's got a few small dents, but for the most part everything was in excellent shape. Drives like a dream too. Arrow straight on the highway, good brakes, healthy acceleration etc.

Previous owner had a dog or dogs, and vaped....A LOT! Found evidence of both after I starting the cleaning process. It was in a minor fender bender on the front/passenger side, which I knew about before purchase. Examining the area it didn't appear to have much going on below the surface. I delt with a few small issues around this, but nothing that wasn't easily fixed.

I have already done some minor work on it and plan on doing a build thread. I'll get that up soon. For now, I'm just enjoying it! ...feeling a little guilty though as my 96' 2-door has taken the back spot in the driveway.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 11

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice. I wish mine had the captains chair middle row.

I know the feeling with the 96. mine did the same thing. went from my daily to a parked in the driveway. sun is wrecking the poor thing.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually given me more opportunity to wrench on the 96'. I have to do a steering box and some other work that requires downtime, something I was always cautious of in the past.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the RPO list from the glove box door.

UQA - Bose Stereo Audio System
UUJ - RADIO AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO TONE, CD, CD-R MP3 DVD, CLOCK, ETR, RDS, USB PORT

Here's the decode list ... https://decoderpo.com/pages/U.html

That is one odd duck truck. The buyer put the order in to have all the bells and whistles, but they went the extra mile NOT to get a Navi set up.

You've got everything needed to add a factory HDD (hard drive based) OEM Navi to the truck if your XM module is located behind the glove box door after you swing it all the way down with the stopper latch undone. The clip below shows where it's located.

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@petethepug, thanks for the vid. It does have XM. Truck came with a 3month teaser activation from the dealer. I reactivated my old SiriusXM account, (havent had it in years), and linked it. Just waiting for the retention dept to offer me the 5/mo deal. They also offered to re-activate my wifes Beetle for 5/mo for 1 year(we took it). We stream everything nowadays like most do. Sadly this HU wont stream, so I have the Aux setup from my phone. Add the XM, and I should be all good for music and podcasts for a while.

Yea, going thru the rpo codes, it didnt read like a few packages were added. It was more like a la carte...but somehow all worked.

The towing items really sold me on this. I have a boat, tow a few times per year. I upgraded to a bigger boat in 2019, my 96' does the job, just not very well. This should make that easier. 3rd row, 4 doors, more creature comforts all add to the experience. I oddly love the power mirror feature.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the lack of Bluetooth in mine, I bought this little aux cable. the Bluetooth is in the small USB port end. works pretty well and isn't as annoying as others I've had. I did have to make that cig port switched so I didn't worry about the wife not unplugging it.

UGREEN Bluetooth 5.3 Adapter for Car Aux Input - Receiver with Built-in Mic for Hands-Free Calls, Compatible with Car Speaker and Home Audio https://a.co/d/7DyTQkQ

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1, Thanks, that's a cool device and will solve a final issue. I appreciate the suggestion, I added it the cart (scariest words ever spoken in my house!).

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@j91z28d1, Thanks, that's a cool device and will solve a final issue. I appreciate the suggestion, I added it the cart (scariest words ever spoken in my house!).

I really wanted to move the USB port from the console to the dash so I could plug it in since the power to that port matches the power of the radio where it's powered till the drivers door opens. but I never did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019