New OBS Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choice05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I recently purchased a 1995 2 door sport from my neighbor.
They're the first owners and has 85k on the clock.
The truck has been sitting for over a year and the battery wouldn't charge up after a jump start. But after driving it 30 miles and leaving it over night, the truck starts right up (so far). Should I replace the battery or look into potential alternator issues?

I've been reading up on the forums but can anyone provide any other info that I should do to the truck before I use it more as a daily?
I plan on doing fluid and oil change.

Also, the stock radio works, but intermittently stops then works again.
Suggestions or just replace?

I'm also thinking of getting a decent alarm system, are these trucks prone to be stolen?

Does anyone have any shop recommendations for a suspension lift in southern California (ideally in Orange County)?

I hate the be the newbie!

I will post pictures shortly.

Thanks for your help in advance!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it sounds just like a dead battery that needed some long term charging. if it does not hold up get an interstate battery or a sears gold or platinum one. follow up on any maintenance but ask about products to use because their are some good alternatives out there. fro the oil i use either chevron or mobil synthetic oil with either a k&n, mobil or fram filter. fro the radio does it quit when sudden vibration occurs like a bump in the road? how bad does it fail? there is a rough country dealer here:
JBM Motoring
428B West Katella Avenue
Orange, CA 92867
United States
714-997-0400

and here is a place that covers a whole lo tof mods:

809 S. Grand Ave
Santa Ana, CA, 92705
www.4wheelparts.com/

OP
OP
C

Choice05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, the radio stopped during high bass, I'll turn down be bass and see what happens.

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
C

Choice05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it sounds just like a dead battery that needed some long term charging. if it does not hold up get an interstate battery or a sears gold or platinum one. follow up on any maintenance but ask about products to use because their are some good alternatives out there. fro the oil i use either chevron or mobil synthetic oil with either a k&n, mobil or fram filter. fro the radio does it quit when sudden vibration occurs like a bump in the road? how bad does it fail? there is a rough country dealer here:
JBM Motoring
428B West Katella Avenue
Orange, CA 92867
United States
714-997-0400

and here is a place that covers a whole lo tof mods:

809 S. Grand Ave
Santa Ana, CA, 92705
www.4wheelparts.com/

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
I just think I need a new radio and speakers, the left side speakers don't work and the Radio works only with low volume.
I am definitely going with JBM, their prices and reputation look great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts