New Owner 2014 PPV from VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I do...:oops: which made me stop after the second press
You probably have a Secure-Idle device. If it’s installed per manufacturer, it should work as follows:
while the engine is running,
engage the parking brake
put it into park,
press and hold the red button,
while holding the button, turn the ignition off
remove the key
engine stays running.
gear shift cannot move, and vehicle can’t be moved

To disengage, put key back in
turn to run
disengage parking brake

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You probably have a Secure-Idle device. If it’s installed per manufacturer, it should work as follows:
engage the parking brake
put it into park,
remove the key
engine stays running.

turn to run
disengage parking brake

Thank you I really appreciate this, I'm going to give it a try and report back if it works.

Carlos Sanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I purchased a 2014 PPV about a year ago. After a year of work it is finally now a turnkey daily driver. You do not have to remove the front bumper cover to remove the headlight assembly. You can simply remove the headlight bolts in front, loosen three screws on the inner fender liner near the bumper cover. That will give you access to the bolt on the side of the headlight assembly and the two bolts on the bumper cover bracket which can be loosened at that point, both with 10 mm socket Take a small plastic pry bar and pry the bumper cover out from the bracket. Loosening all of that up will enable you to remove the headlight assembly. After doing it about 20 times I can get it out in about 4 minutes.
Awesome!!! Between you and Sparksalot I'm feeling pretty confident that I can handle this!

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
engage the parking brake
put it into park,
remove the key
engine stays running.

turn to run
disengage parking brake

Haha YES! It worked! Thanks again!!!

laughs wickedly.gif

Runfor5

Reaction score
Welcome, and greetings from the county east of you! Lol.

The dash crack and ensuing noise from it, while common, can easily be mitigated by placing your fingers on the top left knob of the headunit (marked as "volume") and turning it in a clockwise direction.

All jokes aside my cracks on left and right side are less than yours (yours don't really seem that bad tho IMO) and I'm debating putting some clear silicone adhesive in them to see if that helps prevent future expansion...

What are the 2 other Chevy's you mentioned having?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The dash crack and ensuing noise from it, while common, can easily be mitigated by placing your fingers on the top left knob of the headunit (marked as "volume") and turning it in a clockwise direction.

All jokes aside my cracks on left and right side are less than yours (yours don't really seem that bad tho IMO) and I'm debating putting some clear silicone adhesive in them to see if that helps prevent future expansion...

Spinal_Tap_05.jpg

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

The clear silicone adhesive is a good idea, I might look into that because I found another small crack on the opposite side.

I have a 2008 C6Z06 (she's on the left) and a 2014 SS, although I just sold the SS but I might be buying it back at the end of the year :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_182854.jpg
    IMG_20231001_182854.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221128_174620.jpg
    IMG_20221128_174620.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 6
  • 3612504.jpg
    3612504.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200921_102538.jpg
    IMG_20200921_102538.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 6

Runfor5

Reaction score
The clear silicone adhesive is a good idea, I might look into that because I found another small crack on the opposite side.

I have a 2008 C6Z06 (she's on the left) and a 2014 SS, although I just sold the SS but I might be buying it back at the end of the year :cool:
Hell yeah! Man I want an SS so bad, particularly one with a stick. Great family hauler! They're retaining their value too much for me still though lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz