New Member Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warriah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey new owner of a 2009 Yukon SLT here, got it last week.
We got it to replace my wife's 03 MDX and she always loves these vehicles.
It is in pretty good condition, 279000km, 1 owner only and regularly maintained by the same mechanic or dealership. She says she was changing the oil every 5000km as well.

Happy to read and learn what I can with this vehicle.

Some small things I noticed the last few days. The rear right window only goes down a small bit when controlled from its own door, but it works perfectly from the drivers control.

Also, it seems like the rear left lock actuator might need replacing? It is the only one not working at all. I still need to take panel off and make sure nothing is physically wrong. When testing the other day, the 3 that are working, started to slowly operate until they stopped completely, the more I kept pressing lock/unlock. Could this be because of the 1 actuator not working or something else?

Any other tips one might suggest as well? Thanks!

20240312_190238.jpg
20240312_190305.jpg
20240312_185441.jpg
20240312_185537.jpg
20240312_185545.jpg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats on finding a rig with a 2nd row bench/couch. The BT is great and rear A/C makes having a huge black SUV completely and literally cool.

Someone had made a “if this, than that” scenario on the electric window operation that did a really good job of pointing out what’s wrong.

You’ve got the last year with the amber & red led next to back window for watching in the rear view for back up distancing, plus front door cards made to last vs 2011+ version.

My guess would be a bad master and/or pass window switch. The easy way to fix it is buy a used replacement master switch from the same trim Yukon off eBay and swap em out. Used parts are already programmed so you won’t have to have that done.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I second the idea that it’s the rear door window switch, but those don’t need to be programmed to the vehicle and Amazon cheapies will do. That’s one of the rare instances where that’s the case but it’s been my experience. Common problem.

The drivers door switches do need to be programmed to the vehicle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts