New Member 2018 Tahoe PPV 4WD-USB help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, it can be very frustrating. I am retired from the sheriffs office in Orlando and we had an outfitter’s company do our patrol vehicles. Do you know which agency your vehicle came from and if so you may try contacting the vehicle fleet department and see which company they used. It is a shot in the dark but you never know. I have read numerous posts in the ppv section and a lot of posts on how to fix things that were taken apart, removed, disabled or wires cut. Some of those posters should be able to chime in and point you in the right direction. Hopefully they will see your post. These vehicles are special. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

gramps33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, it can be very frustrating. I am retired from the sheriffs office in Orlando and we had an outfitter’s company do our patrol vehicles. Do you know which agency your vehicle came from and if so you may try contacting the vehicle fleet department and see which company they used. It is a shot in the dark but you never know. I have read numerous posts in the ppv section and a lot of posts on how to fix things that were taken apart, removed, disabled or wires cut. Some of those posters should be able to chime in and point you in the right direction. Hopefully they will see your post. These vehicles are special. Good luck.
I’m presuming it was L.A.W.S that performed the upfitting. image.jpg

stub61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone run into any of these or have any guidance they can share?
My son bought an '18 in early 2023. We got a '19 last December. Spent more time on his. I'm not much of a tech guy. On his the USB behind the door on dash was just a link and would not charge. I put a center jump seat/console in his. Existing plugs below that provided power for a 12v in back of new console and there was a dual usb plug that I mounted in console for charging. I haven't had dash off of either. His 12v under radio did work and the 120v did not. Our radio "works" but does not put out sound. I need to get into dash to see if speaker wires were cut when cop car stuff was stripped. Bot trucks were Michigan patrol vehicles bought out of Lansing.

PursuitOKC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
llo, I recently purchased a 2018 PPV Tahoe 4x4 with 100k miles. No third row but cloth seats, middle jump seat and dual purpose armrest and no spotlight. It runs great, just drove back from Colorado to Arizona and it’s tight!

Got the rear windows and locks working, fixed a rear blinker fault and did an oil change.

It was upfitted by LAWS if that means anything. Now I’m trying to get some little details fixed and hoping someone has some tribal knowledge!

1. USB in the hidden pocket behind the head unit screen doesn’t do anything. Where does this usb feed from?

2. 120V Power under the radio by the floorboard doesn’t have wires going to it. Missing the two plugs. What are the wire colors for this?

3. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ missing the plug. What are the wires that go to this?

4. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ for second row no power. All fuses are good.

5. Looks like I’m missing a module under the dash as I pulled everything off and found a bunch of cabling including what looks like factory plugs as well as cut and electrical taped wires. Does the big 34-pin Delphi connector go to a missing module?

6. Missing two plugs into the radio receiver, one for antenna and one for looks like can bus or usb. Circled in red. Any help or guidance here?

7. Apple CarPlay add devices is greyed out, can’t add devices.

8. Missing plug into WiFi module above glove box-last pic. What plugs in here?
Hello from OK! I am a Certified Emergency Vehicle Technician and former owner of an upfitter company. I will give this my best shot:
1. The USB input in the hidden compartment should connect a device to the radio. Make sure it isn’t unplugged from the back side.
2. Sometimes when a PD car is stripped out, they disconnect and tuck OEM wiring underneath the dash, or floor covering, so pull everything back in that area and visually inspect. The orange jacketed circuit goes to your AC outlet. The black jacketed set of wires that split out of that same jacket go to the “cigarette” 12-volt receptacle next to the AC plug.
3. See #2
4. The SSV model you have is a little different from the PPV model that I have, so I don’t have a second row seat harness for any 12-volt outlet.
5. Here is a link to your vehicle’s special features from GM: https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-conte...18-Tahoe-4x4-Special-Service-5W4_12-14-17.pdf
6 & 7: If one of those mini-usb connectors match, I would try to plug it in. That is likely why your CarPlay doesn’t work.
8. Look in the linked document for more information.

Sorry, It’s been a while since I logged in or I would have replied sooner.

Greg

Last edited:

PursuitOKC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son bought an '18 in early 2023. We got a '19 last December. Spent more time on his. I'm not much of a tech guy. On his the USB behind the door on dash was just a link and would not charge. I put a center jump seat/console in his. Existing plugs below that provided power for a 12v in back of new console and there was a dual usb plug that I mounted in console for charging. I haven't had dash off of either. His 12v under radio did work and the 120v did not. Our radio "works" but does not put out sound. I need to get into dash to see if speaker wires were cut when cop car stuff was stripped. Bot trucks were Michigan patrol vehicles bought out of Lansing.
You may try looking under the center of the dash for two matching gray OEM plugs. If they match, but are unplugged, it is because the agency used the front door speakers to replay their car radio. Plug them back together and close the speaker loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019