New Member 2018 Tahoe PPV 4WD-USB help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gramps33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 PPV Tahoe 4x4 with 100k miles. No third row but cloth seats, middle jump seat and dual purpose armrest and no spotlight. It runs great, just drove back from Colorado to Arizona and it’s tight!

Got the rear windows and locks working, fixed a rear blinker fault and did an oil change.

It was upfitted by LAWS if that means anything. Now I’m trying to get some little details fixed and hoping someone has some tribal knowledge!

1. USB in the hidden pocket behind the head unit screen doesn’t do anything. Where does this usb feed from?

2. 120V Power under the radio by the floorboard doesn’t have wires going to it. Missing the two plugs. What are the wire colors for this?

3. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ missing the plug. What are the wires that go to this?

4. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ for second row no power. All fuses are good.

5. Looks like I’m missing a module under the dash as I pulled everything off and found a bunch of cabling including what looks like factory plugs as well as cut and electrical taped wires. Does the big 34-pin Delphi connector go to a missing module?

6. Missing two plugs into the radio receiver, one for antenna and one for looks like can bus or usb. Circled in red. Any help or guidance here?

7. Apple CarPlay add devices is greyed out, can’t add devices.

8. Missing plug into WiFi module above glove box-last pic. What plugs in here?

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpeg
    IMG_2646.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2640.jpeg
    IMG_2640.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2641.jpeg
    IMG_2641.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 15

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
G

gramps33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a 2018 PPV Tahoe 4x4 with 100k miles. No third row but cloth seats, middle jump seat and dual purpose armrest and no spotlight. It runs great, just drove back from Colorado to Arizona and it’s tight!

Got the rear windows and locks working, fixed a rear blinker fault and did an oil change.

It was upfitted by LAWS if that means anything. Now I’m trying to get some little details fixed and hoping someone has some tribal knowledge!

1. USB in the hidden pocket behind the head unit screen doesn’t do anything. Where does this usb feed from?

2. 120V Power under the radio by the floorboard doesn’t have wires going to it. Missing the two plugs. What are the wire colors for this?

3. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ missing the plug. What are the wires that go to this?

4. 12V “cigarette lighter socket “ for second row no power. All fuses are good.

5. Looks like I’m missing a module under the dash as I pulled everything off and found a bunch of cabling including what looks like factory plugs as well as cut and electrical taped wires. Does the big 34-pin Delphi connector go to a missing module?

6. Missing two plugs into the radio receiver, one for antenna and one for looks like can bus or usb. Circled in red. Any help or guidance here?

7. Apple CarPlay add devices is greyed out, can’t add devices.

8. Missing plug into WiFi module above glove box-last pic. What plugs in here?
Found the issue for #4, there are no wires going to the outlet, just like the front one. Need to know what the wire colors should be.

OP
OP
G

gramps33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.
Thanks. I can definitely help out where I can. But new to these so not much info under the hood.

Hopefully some knowledgeable folks will chime in as the dash is about 20-pieces right now and no idea where to go next!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, have you scrolled down in this section to see if any of the previous post list any of the things you are looking for in the title of their post. There are several pages of members posting.

OP
OP
G

gramps33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, have you scrolled down in this section to see if any of the previous post list any of the things you are looking for in the title of their post. There are several pages of members posting.
Good morning, yes! That’s where I started and how I found the site in the first place. However. Couldn’t find any relevant info on my issues so made the post. And it seems up until now no one has any experience with these specific questions. Hopefully we’ll see something soon as the rain is coming and I’m going to have to put the dash back together without fixing anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan