Need a new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, engine out, half the front crap transferred to new. New engine has the new headers installed. Didnt get alot done yesterday. My buddy got tied up a work till 6pm. Today is intake and new spider install, new motor mounts, and transfer the rest of the front gear over to the new motor. Add oil and prime her. Hoepfully we get her installed. I am gettting to old to be standing on the radiator support with one hand on the windshield and the other stuffed behind the motor undoing fuel lines!! My back is killing me!! LOL

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
enigne in...twice...forgot the freakin fly wheel!!! Anyways, everything is done except connecting the headers, starter, and CAI, and radiator (which hasnt arrived yet so I am holding).

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of motor did you go with?

I got a complete whipple kit built for 8lbs...30 on it never abused...

$1900

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paceperformance... New GM Crate 350/290hp.... shipped $2230 with lift gate and no core return.

Added JBA headers, 2 core alum radiator, new spider and Volant CAI. Here are some of the picts...going to take a few posts... my Father in Law and a RC buddy (cammie's) helped.

Attachments

• crate engine.jpg
    crate engine.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 47
  • jay and bay.jpg
    jay and bay.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 42
  • wireharness and me.jpg
    wireharness and me.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 39
  • empty engine bay.jpg
    empty engine bay.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Old Engine with jay and mj.jpg
    Old Engine with jay and mj.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are more....I will post the rest later...gotta go "burp" the cooling system and clean my Father in Laws shop....

Attachments

• new engine and headers.jpg
    new engine and headers.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 46
  • new engine half assy.jpg
    new engine half assy.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more pictures... old and new spider, old and new radiator...completed install. I have hit a snag...still smoking but I need to burn the last of the dang collant out of the exhaust unless someone knows a better way to get rid of it. Also, the radiator cap is hitting the hood so I need to check that.

I gotta thank Jay and MJ for the help, they really saved me time and the extra hands and experience helped a ton.

Attachments

• new engine dressed.jpg
    new engine dressed.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 45
  • old spider.jpg
    old spider.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 47
  • new spider.jpg
    new spider.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 46
  • radiator compared.jpg
    radiator compared.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 45
  • engine install complete.jpg
    engine install complete.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 46

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:party33: Well done! Welcome to the crate club! Me thinks you are going to like it!

What are your plans for breakin? What kind of oil did you use for it's birth? What kind of coolant did you use? Pics of the old motor's top with no intake?

Can't tell ya how to breakin, you probably already know what your gonna do, but I can tell you how I did mine.

I ran regular mineral oil at birth. Changed it every 1000kms(621miles?) for the first 5000kms(3100miles?). Then switched over to full synthetic. I've been changing it every 5000kms since. I also switched over from orange dexcool to regular green anti-freeze. The top of my motor with no intake had so much crude and corrosion in the water passages that I think one or two of the smaller holes were blocked. How was yours?

Oh and I didn't go Wide Open Throttle at all until after 5,000kms, and even then not too much until after 10,000kms(6200miles). And I tried to vary my Hwy speeds so I wasn't running constant speeds for too long until after 5,000kms.

Cool! Have fun!