Need a new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read the thread on "another BB tune ordered"....there is a link to a long post about TM...apparently TM adjusts the timing all over the place before shifts...which is why you were seeing the wild swings of spark advance.

Last edited:

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read the thread on "another BB tune ordered"....there is a link to a long post about TM...apparently TM adjusts the timing all over the place before shifts...which is why you were seeing the wild swings of spark advance.

Ya, I've read that other link, it was a long read, thanks. I knew there would be swings, but 3-50 seemed like alot. IDK, I know nothing about this kind of stuff, so I'm rolling with it.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, With 1200miles on the crate motor I am now getting 18.4mpg. Hopefully when I get my BB tune I can squeeze anther 1 mpg and then with E fans when I get around to them pick up another .5 mph... I just want to crack the 20mpg mark!!

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, With 1200miles on the crate motor I am now getting 18.4mpg. Hopefully when I get my BB tune I can squeeze anther 1 mpg and then with E fans when I get around to them pick up another .5 mph... I just want to crack the 20mpg mark!!

Dude, I'll be SO jealous if you do, I went with a cam and rebuild and I'm barely getting 11mpg but I have a ****** tune right now. Hopefully they'll get it right next week :(

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think highway with cruise control set on a long run I could break 19mpg now but I drive 114 miles round trip everyday to work and its mixed...25 mph in one area, 65 in another. A few street lights, the occassions stopped school bus, the ID check at the base gate, etc. What cam you running? I have the stock cam so I am not pumping out a ton of HP/TQ but she will get up and run till the TM kicks in at the shift points.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20mpg in a tahoe would be pretty awesome. im squeezing 17max out of mine on mostly highway. usually right around 16 if i keep my foot out of it through the tank.

foot in it i get 12ish... haha

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 9-10 hwy with my trailer in tow....man that hurts the wallet!

17mpg with those wheels!! Holy crap, stock wheels you would be getting more then me.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 9-10 hwy with my trailer in tow....man that hurts the wallet!

17mpg with those wheels!! Holy crap, stock wheels you would be getting more then me.

the regear actually overgeared it a bit over stock. it will be close to factory wheels with 3.73's if i ever have the chance to put 36-37's on it.

haven't checked the milage since i put on the front bumper, and the gas station having winter blend. sure im not getting that 16 right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo