My audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a6937f4d-eb11-9f4d.jpg
wish I had more pictures, I'll take some more later. First of all I have a 2002 Escalade. It has the big three done under the hood, has a battery in the back, a single din alpine head unit, 2500 SAZ sundown amp, 2 15 inch SA Sundowns and will soon have a new 4 channel amp with 5.25 inch Focal speakers sense the Bose speakers are all completely blown, the cones are ripped. I can do roughly around 145db and it will do hair tricks. What do you guys have for a system?

Last edited:

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a6937f4d-eb11-9f4d.jpg
wish I had more pictures, I'll take some more later. First of all I have a 2002 Escalade. It has the big three done under the hood, has a battery in the back, a single din alpine head unit, 2500 SAZ sundown amp, 2 15 inch SA Sundowns and will soon have a new 4 channel amp with 5.25 inch Focal speakers sense the Bose speakers are all completely blown, the cones are ripped. I can do roughly around 145db and it will do hair tricks. What do you guys have for a system?

Why not 6.5"s?

None of my stuff is installed yet, I'll be doing that over Christmas break, but here's my equipment.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X693 head unit
ARC Audio FD2200 for front stage (100RMS x 2 @4Ω)
Helix E62C components up front
NO rear fill
Alpine MRP-M350 for sub stage (350RMS x 1 @2Ω)
12" D4 Type R, 2.4 ft^3 @32Hz

I'd like to get an IDMAX to replace the Type R, and I'm going to seal and deaden my front doors, and deaden my hatch and all resonating panels. Possibly MLV the floor.

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would need to fiber glass if I did 6.5
a6937fb0-da1d-003b.jpg
, I can't even fit a 6 inch if I cut it wider... But yeah you have a nice system or will have a nice system. I'm thinking about deadening my hatch too.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Escalade doesn't fit 6.5s in the doors? That's weird. I have an '01 Denali and it fits 6.5"s no problem.

Deadening is a worthwhile upgrade. $100 will get you a roll of RAAMmat, and that'll give you enough to deaden your doors, your hatch, and then some of the resonating panels. You'll probably have enough to double up on your doors, inner and outer panels.

That'll give you more mid bass and make the speakers appear to be louder because of the lower noise floor.

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow thats cheap, sounds like a nice upgrade! I'm going to have to do that. But yeah those speakers won't fit... so I'm going to get high quality 5.25"s

enger126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 05 Escalade short and just the back doors are 5.25 and the fronts are 6.5. I cut the rears and fit 6.5 in front and back.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick just so you know.. the eski and the Tahoe and the nali all can fit 6.5 front and rear...

factory they all have 6.5 fronts.. and 5.25 rear.... for the rears to fit.. you simply cut some of the plastic and pow your gold... as fro the front.. nothing is needed just bolt them in.. i think you will be making a huge mistake droping the cash on Focal 5.25.. you need t fo 6.5.. because well ... no one goes down on speaker size.. this board is filled with knowledgeable audio people.. and as an installer i can say that 6.5 100% fit up front factory no mods.. and will also fit the rear door with about 5 minutes of trimming for the basket to clear..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65