My audio build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nick just so you know.. the eski and the Tahoe and the nali all can fit 6.5 front and rear...

factory they all have 6.5 fronts.. and 5.25 rear.... for the rears to fit.. you simply cut some of the plastic and pow your gold... as fro the front.. nothing is needed just bolt them in.. i think you will be making a huge mistake droping the cash on Focal 5.25.. you need t fo 6.5.. because well ... no one goes down on speaker size.. this board is filled with knowledgeable audio people.. and as an installer i can say that 6.5 100% fit up front factory no mods.. and will also fit the rear door with about 5 minutes of trimming for the basket to clear..

I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. I measured and know for sure I have 5.25's in the front.
a6937d07-46bc-e61e.jpg

So if you could tell me how I need to cut that would be great

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaker diameter isn't measured at the cone, it's measured from the edges of the mounting bracket.

If you pull the door panel off, you'll find that the speaker measures about 6.5 from outer edge to outer edge, across the center of the speaker.

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay well I finally said **** it. I'm fiberglassing a 8 inch speaker and another tweeter in each door.

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are called Neo Pro 8's made by Sundown.. Have a lot of bass but still has outstanding highs and then I'm putting in selenium tweeters

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called Neo Pro 8's made by Sundown.. Have a lot of bass but still has outstanding highs and then I'm putting in selenium tweeters

I've always wanted to run something Sundown. Jacob at Sundown is a great guy and always willing to help people out on the various car audio forums.

Are there going to be ran infinite baffle or sealed?

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet but yeah sundown is truly the best brand if you ask me

OP
OP
NickCrow

NickCrow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nick just so you know.. the eski and the Tahoe and the nali all can fit 6.5 front and rear...

factory they all have 6.5 fronts.. and 5.25 rear.... for the rears to fit.. you simply cut some of the plastic and pow your gold... as fro the front.. nothing is needed just bolt them in.. i think you will be making a huge mistake droping the cash on Focal 5.25.. you need t fo 6.5.. because well ... no one goes down on speaker size.. this board is filled with knowledgeable audio people.. and as an installer i can say that 6.5 100% fit up front factory no mods.. and will also fit the rear door with about 5 minutes of trimming for the basket to clear..

So can I just buy new 6.5's and swap them out?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.. The rear doors. Will need a slight trim of the plastic depending on the basket of the speaker. But 6.5 will direct bolt into the fronts and slight trim bolt into the rears

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on Sundown Audio. Heard their stuff and it's great. I'm consider an SA-12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman