My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remounted the Lund rear spoiler only because I have some ideas floating around my head I'd like to try

The paint is in really bad shape! I'm not sure if wet sanding and paint correction will bring it back...I'm considering having it painted matte black or something similar... My new plan is

1- repaint the entire truck for $1k

2- plasti dip entire truck for $40

3- sell it and start over:shrug:

A5.jpg

A7.jpg

A9.jpg

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I remounted the Lund rear spoiler only because I have some ideas floating around my head I'd like to try

The paint is in really bad shape! I'm not sure if wet sanding and paint correction will bring it back...I'm considering having it painted matte black or something similar... My new plan is

1- repaint the entire truck for $1k

2- plasti dip entire truck for $40

3- sell it and start over:shrug:

View attachment 78310

View attachment 78311

View attachment 78312
If the mechanical bits are solid(ish) I would repaint matte black. Plastidipped vehicles look chincy IMO

Your truck looks good. I only sell for major engine or transmission failure.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't express how much I dislike the color of my interior, it reminds me of an old man truck...not sure what the color is called, lets just call it horrendous!

I hit Home Depot and bought a case of gloss black and 4 cans of candy apple red spray paint. I can't believe how easy the dashboard came apart along with all the surrounding trim pieces...I painted the dashboard and trim pieces gloss black, the radio bezel I'm trying something different for a little contrast so it's not all black. My plan is to paint the perimeter of the bezel candy apple red and the rest gloss black.

After 7 coats of paint on everything, I ran out of gloss black paint and decided to spray the entire radio bezel candy apple red until I pick up more black paint...it would of looked like shit if I left it half painted. The reasoning behind the red perimeter being painted is to make the lower dash trim piece I'm wrapping in carbon fiber pop a little.

This is absolutely not finished by any means so please try not to flame me too bad lol

A100.jpg

Not sure wtf that black thing was on my dash but it drove me crazy! good riddance:D

A101.jpg

After 3 coats of paint

A102.jpg

After 2 coats of paint

A103.jpg

A104.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The airbag was more of a pain in the ass because I didn't want to remove it so I painted it in place

A105.jpg

A106.jpg

Lots of over spray on the ugly nasty carpet...it will be gone before long :flipthebird:
A107.jpg

A108.jpg

A109.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the original puke color

A110.jpg

A111.jpg

A112.jpg

A113.jpg

The blue LED lights actually look pretty good with the red background...I may get a white overlay for the speedometer

A114.jpg

Last edited:

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I usually don't like accent colors like that but I dig the look my man! I think I actually have the same gray and tan-ish interior but the black and red look pretty good :hmm::hitit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE