Maintenance to do after picking up your "new" truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to keep the hoe looking good and running reliably. It's my only vehicle, 9 years down hopefully a lot more to go.

I'm with you. I drive mine to work most days and the highway between home and work is notoriously dangerous and busy. I'm doing R&R's at the first sign of degradation or failure of any moving parts. I-635 is 1 place where you do not want to be stranded or dickin' around with some junk, I promise you.

I kind of slacked-off on my wife's 2008 while I was getting the Yukon road-worthy, now hers needs $200-worth of parts, all of a sudden... seems like. Gotta stay on top of these old cars or it can really get away from ya.

jcjc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In addition to just checking the spare tire condition and pressure, fully lower, clean and lubricate the secondary hook for the OEM spare tire holder. If the mechanism gets corroded, the technique shown in the owner's manual for jacking up on the center of the tire to release it won't work.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to just checking the spare tire condition and pressure, fully lower, clean and lubricate the secondary hook for the OEM spare tire holder. If the mechanism gets corroded, the technique shown in the owner's manual for jacking up on the center of the tire to release it won't work.
Yeah I had never had the spare off until a year ago. Had to cut the cable and replace with the dorman one that doesnt have that stupid lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts