Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve already replaced calipers all around and replaced the 2 front brake hoses.

I’ve bled the whole system traditional and did the automatic ABS bleeder with the scan tool and the front passenger caliper keeps locking up after warm up.

I’ve replaced the same front passenger caliper 3x thinking I had a defect and now I’m on my 4th smh. Same thing keeps happening.

When the brakes lock up, I’ll release pressure from the front passenger caliper by opening the bleeder and closing it right after. I was able to drive again for 3-4miles and then it’ll happen again.

Please help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve bled the whole system traditional and did the automatic ABS bleeder with the scan tool and the front passenger caliper keeps locking up after warm up.

I’ve replaced the same front passenger caliper 3x thinking I had a defect and now I’m on my 4th smh. Same thing keeps happening.

When the brakes lock up, I’ll release pressure from the front passenger caliper by opening the bleeder and closing it right after. I was able to drive again for 3-4miles and then it’ll happen again.

Please help.
what is the history behind this?
happened after a brake job?
happened before a brake job?
please provide a picture of the caliper installed (if possible)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here from the General Discussion section since this is a drivetrain issue.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Please help.
Sounds like the TCS traction control system is sensing something wrong and telling that brake to apply. Steering wheel position sensor could be bad?, tires aren't all the same diameter? I'm sure there are other possible things that system monitors.senses.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you happen to replace the master or booster at some point?

only time I've seen anything close happen was not adjusting the rod length correctly. little to long and it slowly locks up the brakes while you drive it. but usually all, not just one

wheel bearing good on that side?

OP
OP
S

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you happen to replace the master or booster at some point?

only time I've seen anything close happen was not adjusting the rod length correctly. little to long and it slowly locks up the brakes while you drive it. but usually all, not just one

wheel bearing good on that side?

OP
OP
S

Sombat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never replaced the master. It started after I replaced the caliper because I seen the caliper’s piston impressions embed on my brake pads and I figured I replace it because I thought it was a clear sign of a failing caliper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan