lowered shock part#'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Db Caissie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a mguaghys 3/5 part# 33049 kit coming, now looking for shocks, I see billstiens seem to be highly recommended, I've had good luck with belltech stuff in the past on various builds.
so i'll be honest, I'm being lazy... can anybody give me the part#s of the shocks you've used?

OP
OP
D

Db Caissie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I should give info on the vehicle
05 Yukon, 4x4, non autoride, has the softride package.
I'd like it to be firm, I've allways had lowered vehicles, I know what comes with playing that game, I don't want the same soft cushy stock vehicle feel, this is a play vehicle not a daily
thanks for any help

memphizhoe

Reaction score
Belltech street performance are what most use. The belltech nitro drop shocks are junk. Trust me I have them now

OP
OP
D

Db Caissie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
fair enough, howabout djm calmax?
I've got the djm ones on the way, I have access to them pretty cheap, but as for part #'s I'm going to try the 1415 for fronts and 2000 with shock extenders se2000 on the rear.
I'll confirm the measurements when I get done with the lowering kit, I just wanted to have something on hand to reference with,
thanks for the reply

OP
OP
D

Db Caissie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
also what part # did you have? were they too soft, too firm? bottoming out? wrong length? why would you say they're junk, I've used them on a few other previous projects, never had issues with them, but also never spent the money on a higher end shock such as the bilstiens to know the difference

memphizhoe

Reaction score
also what part # did you have? were they too soft, too firm? bottoming out? wrong length? why would you say they're junk, I've used them on a few other previous projects, never had issues with them, but also never spent the money on a higher end shock such as the bilstiens to know the difference

This is what I recently went with on my rear. It’s seems to take the bumps a lot better and doesn’t have a spongy feel to it like the nitro drop shocks 2 had. I daily my truck about 80 miles round trip to work so I wanted a more cushiony feel up front. I tried cal max , belltech , etc and eventually went with a Monroe oespectrum shock from a 97 Nissan hardbody truck lol. I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me man. Sorry about the late response.
74cc984dac390854a6a50e91d2ac4b07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645