Air Ride Z55 shock part number questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yukon Denali and have managed to squeeze about 240,000 miles out of the original shocks. Rear air shocks have been leaking and finally the pump stopped working. I have been planning on replacing this for a while and picked up one original shock (it was too good a deal to pass on) in anticipation of the need. When I started actually searching for another shock to match a bunch of questions came up. Now I think maybe I should have waited and bought them as a pair. So, I am trying to figure what to look for if I wanted to just get one more shock to match the one I have but that has been a bit confusing because of the following:
1) The part number that keeps coming up for the ACdelco shock (the number on the box) is 580-458. I have also seen 580-459 listed as a replacement. Mine didn't come in the original box.
2) All of the shocks I have seen that look like they are correct or are listed as correct have number 21994558 as the top number on the sticker on the shock, including mine. However, the second number is always different. Don't know if that is important or not.
3) Under the part numbers there appears to be a resistance rating. My new one has "OHM 207" on it but I have seen them with bigger numbers and one that had "OHM 2.06". That seems like a big difference. I am trying to find out if there is any significance to this number. I think my original has "OHM 286" on it.
4) My truck originally had the 20" rims and I believe that option even used a different shock. I imagine replacements are more a one size fits all. Besides I have different rims for winter and summer. I just want shocks that match and will work. I don't really want to go with the passive shock route, but we will see what happens. I never really felt my truck rode as well as expected because I had ridden in nearly identical trucks, with more mileage, and a better ride. But, thought I would give the air ride one more chance.

Any input would be appreciated.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call a local dealer, give them your VIN, and ask what the part numbers are for the front and rear shocks. That way, you'll have a current part number for the shocks, and you can continue your search looking for compatible parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts