Lighting Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Vision Technology clear bumper lights today and installed them with the LunaWerx 4114K LED DRL. Went in pretty straightforward. Had to modify the one clip a little to get it to snap into place. It's amazing how a small change can add such a great look! Now just waiting on my HIDs to get here.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with LED DRL going out shortly after installing? I did the LumaWerx 4114K and a day or two after the passenger side went out but the driver side is still good

UPDATE: It never worked from the start I guess since I flipped it around and now it works. Just a reminder that polarity for LED's are important

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the DDM Tuning DDM Plus HID Kit 35W 6500K installed. I haven't had a chance yet to take any pictures but great light output! Figured I'd go with the step up of the Plus than the regulars due to my past experience. I mounted the ballasts on the inside of the plastic to the side of the headlights next to the radiator. They fit well there.

Also go the Nilight LED light bar fogs from Amazon. Looking to install those soon.

I wired them into the existing fog connectors in the factory fog locations. I did need to buy the connectors to build for the pigtails on the cubes. You could just twist and tape, but I'm way to obsessive for that! I swapped to a Z71 valance at the same time (you are already Z71). I marked and drilled a couple holes in the top of the valance and they mounted up real nice with the single bolt connection that comes on the light brackets. I did it with the valance off the truck so it might be a little trickier to drill with the valance on the truck, but I would see if you can do that because removing and reinstalling the valance is kinda a PIA. Any more questions just ask! :)

@4WDTRK where did you buy the connectors for the pigtails? I wanted to do a better connection than just twisting and taping them.

Also, what does everyone do for hi-beams bulb color? The yellowish color doesn't go so well with the 6500K of the HIDs when the 6HI is on.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Hi blue bear I believe I bought most of the parts on Amazon and eBay I had to look around. Also I already had the proper crimp tool which helps build the connectors correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mmeachem

Reaction score
I found some on eBay. Are these correct? It says they will fit but title says for F-body. I know GM parts are used on multiple vehicles but wasn't sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Bulb-...ash=item3d1c06e0a6:g:~4oAAOSwQaJXTkxS&vxp=mtr
If you're trying to keep the stock harness intact you need a male plug. Wires go to the led bar and plug to stock wiring.
iJDMTOY (2) H11 H8 880 881 Male Adapter Wiring Harness Sockets Wire For Headlights, Fog Lights Retrofit or Installing Cubic LED Pod Lights, LED Light Bar, LED Work Lamps, etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HNAT6CW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_h9Wfzb0R6H4ZM

I used this and cut off the female side
iJDMTOY (2) H11 H8 H9 Extension Wiring Harness Sockets Wires For Headlights or Fog Lights Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXRWOPA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_e-Wfzb136C3EH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk15bda4807f528b59c82dea0777cb708f.jpg15bda4807f528b59c82dea0777cb708f.jpg15bda4807f528b59c82dea0777cb708f.jpgc113bb443007d15a64cdf604f79b6e97.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667