Lighting Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm somewhat new on here after being gone for a few years. I had a 97 Tahoe that I sold a few years back and just recently bought a 06 Tahoe Z71. I've always liked having more light output for rural driving, especially further distance output. I had some HID's on my 97 but had some issues with those. I was wondering what kind of lighting options are the better route to go? I'm up for HID's but just not sure which ones are good. Also interested in the LED fogs but not sure if that's better than a HID option for fogs or if there's better. I'd rather not spend too much money (preferably under $200). Thanks for any input.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
If you just want a basic upgrade over stock check out the Depo projectors. They are pretty popular and even with the stock bulbs are a nice upgrade.

I put a set of LED cubes to replace the factory fogs and with the 4 on HI (actually 6 on HI) mod I have PLENTY of light especially in rural areas where I can use the brights.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want a basic upgrade over stock check out the Depo projectors. They are pretty popular and even with the stock bulbs are a nice upgrade.

I put a set of LED cubes to replace the factory fogs and with the 4 on HI (actually 6 on HI) mod I have PLENTY of light especially in rural areas where I can use the brights.

Yes, I'm looking for just a basic upgrade over stock. I'll check those out.

What LED cubes did you go with? I've heard a little about the Rigid ones. And how do you do the 4 on HI (or 6 as you mention)?

Also, had to mention I like the look of your Tahoe in you profile picture. I'm going for a similar look.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid makes awesome lights, but waaaay overkill and not necessary imo. I went with these, super cheap and work great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IY3YLCI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fleece Performance makes a nice part for the 4 on HI mod, priced right too: http://fleeceperformance.com/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

Thanks for the compliment, it's actually a old picture and a few things have changed, I need to get an updated picture posted. ;)

Thanks for the links! Yes, I thought that was a lot for the Rigid fog lights and was hoping for something cheaper but still good.

No problem. If you have any updated pictures I'd like to see them if you have them or send them when you have them.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid makes awesome lights, but waaaay overkill and not necessary imo. I went with these, super cheap and work great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IY3YLCI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fleece Performance makes a nice part for the 4 on HI mod, priced right too: http://fleeceperformance.com/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

Thanks for the compliment, it's actually a old picture and a few things have changed, I need to get an updated picture posted. ;)

thats a flood light though. Sounds like OP is more interested in a "Spot" light as distance is important to them.

Just Something to think about

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a flood light though. Sounds like OP is more interested in a "Spot" light as distance is important to them.

I was just looking for all options. Those fog lights 4WDTRK linked looked like they do some of a "spot" light along with a flood of light. I'm ok with the fogs being somewhat of a flood of light if they provide a little bit of distance and also have projector headlights with 4 on HI mod.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score

Yea I was back and forth between spot and flood when I bought those. After reading lots of reviews I opted for the flood in the end. The only place you're really gonna get to use them is back roads and rural areas and I'd rather have better visibility towards the sides of the road. After using them all I can say is EVERYTHING is lit up! They work GOOD! lol :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts