Lighting Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was back and forth between spot and flood when I bought those. After reading lots of reviews I opted for the flood in the end. The only place you're really gonna get to use them is back roads and rural areas and I'd rather have better visibility towards the sides of the road. After using them all I can say is EVERYTHING is lit up! They work GOOD! lol :waytogo:

Forgot to ask... how did they mount in? Did they use the stock location or did you have to do some modifications?

How's the light output on the light bar? Do you have any pictures?

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Unfortunately i don't have pictures but I can see for a few football fields, it's nice and bright and reliable.

Jackle1886

Reaction score
I put depo's in and then did HIDs for the lows. Very happy, good cut off so not blinding others. Fleece performance mod takes all of 15 seconds to install.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a good brand for HID's? I had some in my 97 from DDM Tuning and they had a lifetime warranty but the ballast would keep going bad and I had to keep sending it in for a new one. Don't want to deal with that again.

Last edited:

Jackle1886

Reaction score
What's a good brand for HID's? I had some in my 97 from DDM Tuning and they had a lifetime warranty but the ballast would keep going bad and I had to keep sending it in for a new one. Don't want to deal with that again.
I can't comment on much here I bought morimoto ones and have been fine for the month I have them. But I drive a work vehicle so the 'hoe sits often.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Forgot to ask... how did they mount in? Did they use the stock location or did you have to do some modifications?

I wired them into the existing fog connectors in the factory fog locations. I did need to buy the connectors to build for the pigtails on the cubes. You could just twist and tape, but I'm way to obsessive for that! I swapped to a Z71 valance at the same time (you are already Z71). I marked and drilled a couple holes in the top of the valance and they mounted up real nice with the single bolt connection that comes on the light brackets. I did it with the valance off the truck so it might be a little trickier to drill with the valance on the truck, but I would see if you can do that because removing and reinstalling the valance is kinda a PIA. Any more questions just ask! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt