Looking for options for 2018 Denali headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobypine2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So when we had our 2016 Tahoe, it had the halogens and I swapped out those for LED replacements by Sealight, which are the exact same bulbs I have in our 2014 Traverse which make a night/day difference in that car. The wife didn't see any difference in the Tahoe and said she really didn't like them, even though I could tell a difference. Also, she is somewhat night blind, and I've got WAY too much experience driving at night.
We now have the 2018 Denali instead, which I'm assuming has the HIDs in it. Again, I'm not real happy with the lights, even if I'm not driving it 90% of the time. I am the driver when we road trip with the fam.
She's not a big fan on changing assemblies due to cost, but if there's some decent ones $400-500 that are brighter than the factory setup, I might be able to talk her into it. She already said she might go for LED's IF they're brighter than the ones in the Tahoe.
Has anyone tried multiple changes with theirs? Is it worth getting a LED upgrade over HIDs? any decent assemblies that aren't too pricey yet brighter?
She's slowly but surely been letting me upgrade the Yukon, so maybe I can talk her into better lights as well. Thanks in advance.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do make LEDs that fit into the HID connector, or you could try some new HID bulbs as they do dim with age. I am in the same boat as my cheap LED replacements on my Suburban were a bit brighter than the HIDs in my Denali. Look for D3S bulbs on Amz...

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Diode Dynamics bulbs in my Denali. HID replacements and they were noticeably better than stock, but not blinding.

jets

Reaction score
You may want to check if the headlights are aimed too high. That can reduce useable light. Ask me how I know.

jets

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I swapped high beam bulbs with diode dynamics LED and holy it’s like Christmas when they’re on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar