LED Taillights yay or nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eli B

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 02 Denali and I have been debating on replacing the stock tailights with are really dull with a set of the LED taillights. Which brand should I be looking at? Are they worth the change? Should I just get factory replacements?

Here's mine, LED taillights off eBay. I love they're look and the LEDs are stunning however I do lose my cruise anytime the lights are activated. So someone on here suggested the spyder ones bc they have load resistors built in to solve this issue, go with those.

IMG_0765.JPG

mmeachem

Reaction score
Here's mine, LED taillights off eBay. I love they're look and the LEDs are stunning however I do lose my cruise anytime the lights are activated. So someone on here suggested the spyder ones bc they have load resistors built in to solve this issue, go with those.

View attachment 75481
Those look great, I'm sure you could probably add resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 75481
You need to add a least one load resistor to the brake light circuit.
Any of these lights that include load resistors are only putting them on the turn signals.

I'm not sure of the "why" it works that way, but I'm guessing the cruise control grounds through the brake light circuit. (If you have read up on the way the side marker lights work, I think it would be something similar.
So we should only need to put a loading resistor on one side.
I'm not sure if it works the same way with your truck, but my '00 Yukon XL's cruse control stopped working as soon as I installed my LED tails. I have yet to install a loading resistor because it's winter here, and I don't want to work on the truck in the cold.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered these for my fogs. I'll post a pic when I get the new housings next week. All bulbs will be led then!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9DLEL1?ref_=od_aui_detailpages01&redirect=true&pldnSite=1&th=1View attachment 75351
installed these and they are excellent, not as nice as my TRS XBLED, but they are really close. REally the only difference is the cutoff of the XBLED was better but the XBLed are $200

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015WIRRV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eli B

Reaction score
You need to add a least one load resistor to the brake light circuit.
Any of these lights that include load resistors are only putting them on the turn signals.

I'm not sure of the "why" it works that way, but I'm guessing the cruise control grounds through the brake light circuit. (If you have read up on the way the side marker lights work, I think it would be something similar.
So we should only need to put a loading resistor on one side.
I'm not sure if it works the same way with your truck, but my '00 Yukon XL's cruse control stopped working as soon as I installed my LED tails. I have yet to install a loading resistor because it's winter here, and I don't want to work on the truck in the cold.

Hey thank you. I've never done that before so I'd have to look deeper into how it's done before attempting. I noticed that it only kills the cruise when running lights are on or I use my right signal. Maybe same with yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite