LED Taillights yay or nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Robin Derrick

Robin Derrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My windows are extremely dark so I need a good reverse light to help me maybe not have to roll the windows down to back up.
This is why I don't understand why people want 5% tint all the way around. Can't see when backing up, can't see to the side at night when maneuvering or to see if some hoodlum is sneaking up trying to jack you. Or maybe crazy kids running around. Maybe I'm just paranoid lol.
My 20% is hard to see out even with my 9w leds reverse bulbs. but I also got a rear view camera on the way as we speak.

OP
OP
Robin Derrick

Robin Derrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is why I don't understand why people want 5% tint all the way around. Can't see when backing up, can't see to the side at night when maneuvering or to see if some hoodlum is sneaking up trying to jack you. Or maybe crazy kids running around. Maybe I'm just paranoid lol.
My 20% is hard to see out even with my 9w leds reverse bulbs. but I also got a rear view camera on the way as we speak.

This is worse than just 5%. I could handle that, but the guy I got it from put like 5% on top of 5%. It's ridiculous, but I'm not ready to have it removed and redone yet. I just had to replace the windshield that was cracked.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No, get these. They are like putting an aftermarket flood light on the back.20170105_181608.jpg

I saw after I posted this message that @BADRIDES replied with a link to the same bulbs.

I've read that these bulbs don't do well with heat, so you don't want to use them in fog or DRLs.

I'm using these bulbs in my DRLs, but I don't know if they would work in the fogs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123