Need some GOOD Led headlight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a recommendation on some LED bulbs.
I'm looking for some GOOD reliable LED headlamp bulbs. I bought a set of Auxito brand LED bulbs for my wife's Traverse after seeing them recommended on here and a Traverse forum. But I have replaced them FOUR times in the last 8 months! Now I have one bulb that has failed yet again. I was going to buy a set of these for my Suburban, but not now. They are actually bright as hell, but they have an extremely short lifespan. The longest I've gotten out a set was right at 3 months. So what are you guys running? I'm actually still running HID's on the Burban at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815-222413.png
    Screenshot_20230815-222413.png
    496.5 KB · Views: 3

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these in my 2001 GMT800 Yukon. Had a problem w one bulb, sent a pic and they sent me a new full set. That was 6 months ago. Working perfectly now ever since. And come to think of it, since my ambient light sensor is failed, they are always on even in the Arizona summer heat. Huge upgrade in lighting and utility. High beans and low beams in one package. Fair price. Would buy again.

Attachments

• IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 10

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some GOOD reliable LED headlamp bulbs. I bought a set of Auxito brand LED bulbs for my wife's Traverse after seeing them recommended on here and a Traverse forum. But I have replaced them FOUR times in the last 8 months! Now I have one bulb that has failed yet again. I was going to buy a set of these for my Suburban, but not now. They are actually bright as hell, but they have an extremely short lifespan. The longest I've gotten out a set was right at 3 months. So what are you guys running? I'm actually still running HID's on the Burban at the moment.
And what happens to them? It's just that several facts affect the resource of diodes, well, the first is a bad quality))) the second is a constantly changing voltage. For example, you opened the car, the headlights came on, you pressed the engine start button, the mains voltage dropped when the diode lamp was running, this is bad. The third is overheating, if you live in a warm or hot climate, then it is better not to install such lamps, there is no normal cooling for them. Therefore, in standard diode headlights, voltage stabilizers and a cooling radiator must be installed))) but in general I played with such lamps once, and threw it out, put Osram nightnreaker, much better and they lasted for a year

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these in my 2001 GMT800 Yukon. Had a problem w one bulb, sent a pic and they sent me a new full set. That was 6 months ago. Working perfectly now ever since. And come to think of it, since my ambient light sensor is failed, they are always on even in the Arizona summer heat. Huge upgrade in lighting and utility. High beans and low beams in one package. Fair price. Would buy again.
How long ago has your ambient light sensor failed?
Because I think that same scenario might be contributing to the short lifespan on my wife's Traverse. The Traverse headlights are also the daytime running lights. So the headlights are basically ALWAYS on any time you're driving, unless you specifically remember to turn them off. I usually turn them off, especially if I see them in the reflection of the vehicle in front of me at the stoplight. But my wife? Not so much.... And she mostly drives that car, I only drive if we're going somewhere together .

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been out for a year. Fairly common issue, but that’s a tough environment for any electronic component. It’s my next project. Remove the upper dash cap to access the sensor. Remove and replace. Might repaint the Pewter dash cap while I’m at it, but my dash is in good shape so the upside from painting is somewhat limited and the down side from a botched application if the paint doesn’t stick is pretty far down.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been out for a year. Fairly common issue, but that’s a tough environment for any electronic component. It’s my next project. Remove the upper dash cap to access the sensor. Remove and replace. Might repaint the Pewter dash cap while I’m at it, but my dash is in good shape so the upside from painting is somewhat limited and the down side from a botched application if the paint doesn’t stick is pretty far down.
Yeah, my ambient light sensor failed back in 2008 or so. I remember I had to pull the dash bezel, the triangle lower dash side piece (fuse cover) by each door, and the two passenger side AC vents, and the passenger side grab bar. Once you pop those two vents out, you reach in and feel at the top, and there's a release button on each side to release that grab bar. It's easier if you have a helper pull it out while you use both hands to press both release buttons at the same time. Then unscrew a whole gang of Philips screws all along the upper dash pad, then it will lift out. I STRONGLY advise a second person to help, ESPECIALLY when you go to put it back in. It's hell trying to line it up by yourself, you really need one person on each side.
And those sensors are less than twenty bucks at the dealer. I only paid 12 for mine all those years ago. :Handshake:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hid's are going to give you better output, but as for the Auxito. where did you source them? and did they come in a Auxito labeled box or plain box, there are fakes out there which happens whenever anyone makes a decent product, I haven't used there led "headlight" bulbs but have used others and never have replaced one yet I even bought spares because I expected them to fail eventually but they haven't so far.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these in my 2001 GMT800 Yukon. Had a problem w one bulb, sent a pic and they sent me a new full set.
That was 6 months ago. Working perfectly now ever since.
And come to think of it, since my ambient light sensor is failed, they are always on even in the Arizona summer heat.
Huge upgrade in lighting and utility. High beans and low beams in one package. Fair price. Would buy again.
Would you happen to have a link?

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my ambient light sensor failed back in 2008 or so. I remember I had to pull the dash bezel, the triangle lower dash side piece (fuse cover) by each door, and the two passenger side AC vents, and the passenger side grab bar. Once you pop those two vents out, you reach in and feel at the top, and there's a release button on each side to release that grab bar. It's easier if you have a helper pull it out while you use both hands to press both release buttons at the same time. Then unscrew a whole gang of Philips screws all along the upper dash pad, then it will lift out. I STRONGLY advise a second person to help, ESPECIALLY when you go to put it back in. It's hell trying to line it up by yourself, you really need one person on each side.
And those sensors are less than twenty bucks at the dealer. I only paid 12 for mine all those years ago. :Handshake:
Helpful. Thanks. When can you swing by for this quick project ;) ?!?!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights, and they have worked flawlessly, while providing great lighting. They are expensive, but they have a lifetime warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20