Kelderman air ride front alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

djscrubb

Reaction score
Haven't done the front yet haven't fully committed. I not sure I can make this just a summer vehicle as I live in the great white north lol yeah I'm defiantly going to do the aero sport bags after seeing them installed. The rear is super simple and with all the stuff I bought the rear is nice and solid. I cant imagine the front being that hard with the bag over strut as long as you are running belltech lowering shocks in the front

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I personally like the looks of the autopilot with how you can automatically set ride height as opposed to relying on psi numbers. I was thinking of maybe doing manual valves for now lol

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

fRxtOmG.jpg

33" front
32 1/2" rear (lowest I would drive at can go lower no sitting on bump stops)

Tires: 305 35 r 24

Front is 2" drop spindle and belltech adjustable strut at 1" lowered

Rear is tbss air spring spohn pan hard djm rear hardware and free travel mod which is a must. 5/32 air line off the tbss bags to 1/4 adaptor to 1/4 schrader valve for now relying on gas station for air

Ride is a lot better then my old broken autoride lol would imagine the air springs make for better ride then lower spring

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WB0gdJe.jpg

QYJen93.jpg

https://youtu.be/X0JkHHivrF8

Very impressed with the rear tb air bag idea.. Tony you made an awesome discovery with these. With everything installed the back end is super tight and looks like there would be no other way to go this low with the djm rear kit free travel mod and the spohn pan hard

ive done a lot of them. Also replaced the kieldermans or howevver you spell it set up. ALso the tbss bags tow more and tons more lift.

Just a few things on the rear. If you want to get it even lower you can do 3/8 tall energy suspension bumpstops BUTTTTTTTTTT make sure your tires dont get cut up by the fenderlip so before you do that remove the rear bumpstops completely and air it out. The frame will rest on axle and the tire will tuck. That being said if it does hit you can cut the aftermarket bumpstosp down so that the truck will get to the lowest position it can get before tire touches fenderlip.

If you have any other questions just ask.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

ps do the upper/lower spohn arms this will push the rear axle back to make the rear tires not looked sucked forward in the well.

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this front airbag bracket before? I know the universal air aero power sports are good BUT my problem is that if the bag goes bad, its harder for me to get that bag here right away where it would be easier for me to get a slam specialties re7 airbag on island without waiting 4-5 days to replace... I'm just curious on how much lift it will get compared to the universal air

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-28-21-11-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-21-11-04.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
D

djscrubb

Reaction score
What would you like to know? Just ordered viair compressor and 3 gallon tank for on board air tired of filling up bags at gas station lol

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you installed the universal air front yet? What air management do you have? I ended up ordering the avs front bag bracket with slam specialties re7's, airlift autopilot v2, 5 gallon tank and tbss rear airbags... I may just Start a project thread once I start

OP
OP
D

djscrubb

Reaction score
Have you installed the universal air front yet? What air management do you have? I ended up ordering the avs front bag bracket with slam specialties re7's, airlift autopilot v2, 5 gallon tank and tbss rear airbags... I may just Start a project thread once I start

Lol manual valves for me lol haven't done the fronts yet getting onbaord air first it's on its way. I wonder how those avs fronts work looks like you loose you shock which don't seem like a good idea

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The avs brackets look good... And yes, the shocks won't be there... All I have to do is make shock mounts and tabs and weld it on...

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol manual valves for me lol haven't done the fronts yet getting onbaord air first it's on its way. I wonder how those avs fronts work looks like you loose you shock which don't seem like a good idea

Where did you mount your tank?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen

Latest posts