Next Step for Rough Ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud, but don't you have to do a relearn for the suspension module. I have an 09 (I know this is the K2 platform we are talking about here) but when I replaced my Z55 components, I had to do a relearn as well as replace a resistor under the hood
Can you provide additional details or a reference on the relearn procedure? Also, why did you need to replace a resistor under the hood?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you provide additional details or a reference on the relearn procedure? Also, why did you need to replace a resistor under the hood?
When I bought the stock replacements from rockauto, they sent a new relay that instructs you to replace the old one. The relearn procedure, you need a tech2 and there is options in the ALC for module relearn. I have relearned my system twice, once after replacing the old shocks, and once after I permanently removed my 3rd row seats

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought the stock replacements from rockauto, they sent a new relay that instructs you to replace the old one. The relearn procedure, you need a tech2 and there is options in the ALC for module relearn. I have relearned my system twice, once after replacing the old shocks, and once after I permanently removed my 3rd row seats
OK. Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with the ALC procedure, but I was not sure that you were referring to that.

Flyboygt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all,

jumping in here with issues on the magnaride replacement. i have a 2017 tahoe with 60k miles, I went with the strutmasters kit, installed and the ride is still very "clunky" every bump is hard and lots of chattering throughout the cabin after hitting a bump, and vehicle throwing you around. not the same ride as when it was new. Dealer says its all plug and play no need for any computer relearning.
I guess im on my own with the relearn function, but also anyone have issues with the control arm bushings? mine look like there is some cracking, theres a lot of rubber noise when riding over speed bumps/things in general (audible over the radio esp. on cold days). looking at the Autel maxidas das808s for the relearn function. bushings are cheap but install sucks(i dont have a press to get them in), more looking at full control arm replacements from Moog with bushings and new ball joints already installed. roughly $500 for the Cont. arms and 500 for the Autel...

thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts