Is anyone else here able to chirp spin out tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 456s wont help keep the tires planted, but some CalTracs are in order ;)
My tires chirped from the 1 2 shift with the stock g80 and 373s. If you downshifted at the right time it would really lock em up hahaha

For those who dont know what caltracs are..
http://calvertracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32

Those CalTracs are nice, though I'm not sure they make them for our trucks.

Here is a link for the DIYer for some track bars like CTs
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html

As for chirping the tires. I can remember getting on the highway from a stop and chirping 1/2, it only happened once, though I really dont drive that aggressive often. Every now and then I feel the need, when I see an open road from a red lite.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our leaf springs are not the same length as 1500 pickup trucks.
Tahoes have 27" from eye to center of leaf and 1500s are 32". Basically they'll be too long.
Did you order them?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha. When i originally bought my truck it came with a set of traction bars.
It was a terrible design on the manufactures part, but they works good after i had everything rewelded.

Same concept as the caltracs but the welds were super ****** and i had to cut the bars for the flip kit..

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 35s with quite a bit of meat on tires and i can roast all of em on dry or wet and its just stock 350 with 456 rear end . . . am i missing something here ?

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so um... i put studs on my tahoe because i have been going over some hills in such in snow but when im in town and its dry and i cut corner like today... i just turn ass end locks up chrips and spins tire till it shifts again thats a 373 yukon rear end and a 383 stroker in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork