Is anyone else here able to chirp spin out tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now that I got my truck back yesterday and every damn thing has been fixed on it and it's running great, I was stomping on the go pedal a bit, and heard my tire chirp again. I realized that I missed that for a little while, and it's good to have it back again.
I have the g80, 3.42 rear end.

On dry pavment in a stright line, I can only chirp one tire.
On dry pavment going around a corner, I can spin one tire then the g80 locks up.
However on gravel or moist pavement, I can light up both tires straight line or corner even after the g80 locks up all the way to 2nd gear.
On wet corners, I can spin the truck around 180degrees if I'm not carefull.

What about gpracer, 992door and others that I forgot who have similar engine mods to mine. Are you getting similar results?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can spin my 35's pretty well, when ever. The suburban is a little tougher, if the road is a little wet though that thing spins and slides everywhere. A burban sliding a corner is not that much fun but I am getting the hang of it.

Stock motor, 4.56 gears, trutrac, BB tune. (burban)

Ditch that G80, messing around on pavement is a diaster on the way for a G80. Invest in some gear or at least a trutrac. You will be pleased

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They chirp easily from a dead stop and the 1-2 shift ... either wet or dry.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine spins the tires all the time.. wet dry sand gravel doesnt matter! and i cant wait to get my BB hopefully this week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900