Is anyone else here able to chirp spin out tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say from personal experience that 3.42 gears kill all hopes of tirespin in anything less than drenched pavement. I can power slide in the rain with my open rear end though! And I can also get stuck at a stoplights with my left rear spinning 500 miles an hour and the rest of my tires going nowhere...

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your bang on about the gears... retorq and bowtiefreak all have gears close to the 4.00 mark.
And your also right that with a stock motor 3.42 does kinda kill all hopes of wheel spin in the dry.

That's why I'm so damn impressed with my truck. 3.42's and the g80 and I can chirp on dry!

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sure it has something to do with how much bigger these trucks are then a jeep lol but when i had my cherokee i could get 33s to light up no problem with 3.55s haha, but thats the only time i could get my speedo to go past 70 lol, while actually driving, forget it

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your bang on about the gears... retorq and bowtiefreak all have gears close to the 4.00 mark.
And your also right that with a stock motor 3.42 does kinda kill all hopes of wheel spin in the dry.

That's why I'm so damn impressed with my truck. 3.42's and the g80 and I can chirp on dry!

Tire spin = RPMS. :hands:

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I can chirp / burn my tires from a dead stop dry pavement half throttle no brake. I'm running 4.10 gears 35's and my 14 bolt sf stock 4L60e. Should I pull the G80 and throw in a E-Locker or a Trutrac never had a G80 splode on me. Never really took to much attention to it when I had the rear end rebuilt shoulda done it then.

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a dead stop my 'HOE' will burn both tires LMFAO ,also it's kinda funny when your fiance is coming up to a stop and decides going WOT is the "SMART" thing to do and puts the 'HOE' sideways...

I wasn't impressed

Chi_town

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
With new cylinder heads, msd coil and 1.6 rockers and now the msd box, wires, cap/rotor, copper core plugs and harness coming maybe I can improve my launch a teensy bit. but it sounds like I have a lot more to mod before I start sounding like an angry bird at takeoff.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: At the street drags today my worst run of the day I was able to take out a hemi powered Dakota ... spun at launch and spun a little at the 1-2 shift.

My tranny doesn't like that 1-2 shift at WOT. :(

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am afraid after these repairs are done with the add-on that break something else I don't have money for When I try a WOT launch again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts