Introduction & Current 05 Yukon XL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
I plan to drill a single hole in the stock fog light bracket and mounting these directly to it.

Also, if anyone is reading this and interested, my old halo headlights are for sale.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Thx man for the links. Was my next question how you were going to mount them as the OEM bracket isn't the sturdiest design. Interested to see the look after install and output.

You're welcome man. Hopefully I'll be able to mount them directly to the OEM bracket. I ran across several people saying that's how they did it when I was looking for ideas on replacing these Fogs. I'll take pictures when I'm doing it. That way I can help you and any others that want to do a similar upgrade. Stay tuned!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Welcome back. A few more members and a ton of new ideas since you've been gone. Need to play catch up lol.
Curious on how you will mount the led pods to the stock brackets. Take lots of pics!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw your thread. You have done a amazing job from start to just about finish. Looks awesome in every single way.

Used to have family in Morehead KY [off KY32] and we used to go to Mount Sterling all the time as they had better restaurants. A lot of awesome people there.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Just saw your thread. You have done a amazing job from start to just about finish. Looks awesome in every single way.

Used to have family in Morehead KY [off KY32] and we used to go to Mount Sterling all the time as they had better restaurants. A lot of awesome people there.
Thanks man! I appreciate it.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Welcome back. A few more members and a ton of new ideas since you've been gone. Need to play catch up lol.
Curious on how you will mount the led pods to the stock brackets. Take lots of pics!
Yeah, I haven't been able to get under it yet and really look at it. Terrible weather as of late. Hopefully this coming weekend I'll be able to get them on. I ran across a post where a guy used these and said that he mounted them to the stock brackets, but he didn't have pictures. I may have to find another mounting method... Either way, I'll take pictures of how I do it.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
As promised, here's a ton of pictures of my LED fog light install. I ended up going the same route I initially said, mounting straight to the fog light brackets.

First I started with the regular fog lights:

20190203_163856.jpg

Then I took the fog light off the bracket:

20190203_164149.jpg
Then I cut off the leftover tabs:

20190203_164301.jpg

Then I drilled a hole in the center of the bracket:

20190203_164449.jpg 20190203_164652.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member