Introduction & Current 05 Yukon XL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
So I had some free time today and I finally got the DVD player, backup cam, and usb port installed.

This is stock:
View media item 26269
Here's the SiriusXM tuner. I just used the factory antenna instead of the one that came in the kit.

View media item 26270
Here's the backup cam:

View media item 26272
Here's the finished product. I'm really happy with how the USB port turned out. It's off center because when I was drilling it, the plastic tabs on the inside were causing the drill bit to jump back and forth. It works fine for me though lol.

View media item 26271

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Well, I finally got the old autoride shocks and springs off and replaced them with Monroe Reflex Monotube shocks and Moog springs and insulators. Man, the ride quality is unreal now. So smooth it's crazy, and now I don't feel every imperfection in the pavement.

The service ride control message came on and I cleared it by unplugging the negative battery cable, removing the RTD fuse, letting the vehicle sit for 10 minutes, and plugging the negative battery cable back up. I had no negative side effects from this RTD fuse removal as others have stated on other threads. All good.

I also replaced the stock (very old) acdelco plugs and wires with MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires and NGK Laser Iridium Plugs. I went from an average of 17mpg highway to just under 20mpg highway (2 hour trip), with a much smoother idle and power delivery throughout the entire RPM range. My tune is stock, and the only aftermarket add-ons are the CAI and Flowmaster exhaust.

Blown Autoride shocks:
View media item 26276
New rear shocks and springs:
View media item 26277
New front shocks:
View media item 26278
New highway average MPG:
View media item 26279
Also, I have an appointment to get those BFG KO2's and wheels mounted on Thursday. I'll be posting pictures shortly thereafter.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Looks great!!! I'd go with 1.5" or 1.75" spacers. Here's mine with 1.5"

View attachment 76349 View attachment 76350
Looks good man! I'll probably go that route. I had some 2inch spacers in my cart on Amazon lol. Right now I need to track down the source of my vibration. I've got terrible vibration around 70mph+. My wheels and tires were balanced 3 times, speed and load balanced... So it's not them. I've got a brand new suspension. I know I have a bad idler arm, but I couldn't imagine it would cause it to shake this much... I was also told something as small as the rotor retaining clips could cause it.

I had the vibration before, it just wasn't as bad. But I'm sure going up in size on my wheels and tires only made the issue worse.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Where's the vibration coming from? How's the driveshaft?
It's kinda hard to pinpoint. It kinda shakes all over. Shakes the seats and the steering column. I know I have a bad idler arm. I noticed that when I put the new suspension on. I haven't checked my u-joints yet either.

And I guess the driveshaft is fine idk. It's only around 73mph to 78mph. 80+ it smooths back out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne