Introduction & Current 05 Yukon XL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the progress on this truck! I like the snowflake wheels in that color combo! It's bitchin! Headunit and backup are awesome! It updates tech quite nicely! I did that to mine in April last year and mounted my backup cam in exactly the same place! Lol. Looking good man keep up the progress! Like the look of the blacked out headlight housings too!

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Love the progress on this truck! I like the snowflake wheels in that color combo! It's bitchin! Headunit and backup are awesome! It updates tech quite nicely! I did that to mine in April last year and mounted my backup cam in exactly the same place! Lol. Looking good man keep up the progress! Like the look of the blacked out headlight housings too!

Thanks! Yeah, the backup cam is so awesome. It's probably one of the most useful features. Well, that, and the seamless Bluetooth audio and phone calls.

I have some black lug nuts arriving today. They didn't ship with the wheels. It's driving me crazy having those nice wheels on but having the original open-ended lug nuts on still. Stands out like a sore thumb I think.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
IMG_20180331_200903_856.jpg
Its been forever since I've posted an update, so here's a more current picture. I've added a 52 inch curved lightbar, and added a custom toggle in the dash for that. I've also ditched the halos and went with a U-Bar style headlight. I replaced my shit bulbs (low/high/fog) with led bulbs from headlight experts which made a huge difference in visibility, however leave a lot to be desired for the $300 I spent for the kit.

I'm also going to replace the fog lights entirely with 7inch led bars on each side. I'm going to wire them in with standard wiring so I can use my existing button. I've done the 6-high mod so I'll be able to run them regardless of what beam I'm using. I already have the lightbars and wiring adapters for a smooth plug and play install, I'm just waiting for this damn rain/snow to stop and a day off. IMG_20180331_200903_857.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those U bar headlights looks pretty good. What are you using for the fog light replacements?

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Oh, and in case anyone is curious, I currently have about 230k miles on the original motor and trans. I replaced the water pump about 6 months ago. There is a slight delay in shifting from 2nd to 3rd, but this has been present since I've had it, with no signs of it worsening. All in all, she's still going strong.

I do plan on eventually swapping in a newer 5.3 with low miles or rebuilding my own. I'd like to install a cam and turbo as well... But that is on the back burner for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep