IMPORTANT: The Chronicles of Low Oil Pressure by 07burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PENNZOIL?????????
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Jiggy-J
Not my truck to say what goes in it, its was on sale. I personally run Royal Purple in my trucks

Interested in What socket you get.

I got it from O'reilly, looks like a standard deep socket with a bolt style head you can get a wrench on. It was $9, ive also heard that a 27mm deep socket fits I would post a pic, but the folks over at Tapatalk keep changing the software and I dont have the option now.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PENNZOIL?????????
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Jiggy-J

What is wrong with Pennzoil? I use Pennzoil platinum and have for years leading all the way back to my 97 Z28 when most said that or GC was some of the best stuff.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people hate on Pennzoil but I've had good luck with it in the past as well. I currently run Valvoline in everything but my dad has run Pennzoil for years and never has issues. He's had a few of his trucks that he's bought new and ran them 300k miles without issues :shrug:

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran my wife's 04 TL to 246k with no issues on pennzoil platinum and wal mart purolator filters and no issues on my 08 Sierra Denali with it either. Sold the SD and got 09 yukon denali and noticed low oil pressure like around 20 psi, had 5 month old dealer oil and filter. Put in the platinum and napa wix filter and pressure is back up around the 40 psi and higher reading for about 1k miles now. Just rolled 80k.

Thanks for the info, got somewhere to look next if issue crops back up.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best write up on the forum. Good chronicle.

rook

Reaction score
Just sayin... weird stuff started happening when my oil pickup o-ring went bye bye. Had, stabilitrack, and multiple codes thrown, CEL that came, then went...

If you're having any low oil pressure problems, I strongly recommend taking a look at what happened to me. Pics at the link below, and I've got multiple posts with video of my dash lights going off. After I change the $10 part, no problems. We're about a year after and still going strong. It's a stupid easy fix, but one dealership the guy that sold me the rig put 2k into the engine without fixing it, and the dealership I took it to gave me a line about of garbage until I decided to go in a hunch since it cost me only a rubber grommet and new oil pan filter. Instead of I don't know how many more hundreds and maybe thousands, I'm fixed with about $50 of parts and a little (a lot, for me) of labor.

Just sayin...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/oil-pressure-gauge-stopped-working.71998/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j