i want boost...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
how much PSI can you run on stock internals? my buddy is thinking about building his turbo kit the same as what i wanna do. his hoe is bone stock. so he wants to know what psi he can push stock.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is needed to make that run t-twin??

Brackets and mounting plate. Oil feed line, oil drain with connection to oil pan. Then you would have to fabricate the air ducting to the intake. Most important of all, you need a way to add the extra fuel for the air being added.

The difference between this S-Trim and the one for the Tahoe, is this has a straight discharge port, where the vortech for the 95 Tahoe had a 90 degree turn in the discharge that turned back towards the engine. This would be better if you wanted to make a air to air cooler.

Kind of depends on your specific application, but Vortech sells installation kits, that have everything minus the Supercharger.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

how much PSI can you run on stock internals? my buddy is thinking about building his turbo kit the same as what i wanna do. his hoe is bone stock. so he wants to know what psi he can push stock.

For trouble free power, about 6 pounds. If you want to take a chance and run it until it fails, expecting to rebuild it at that time, the sky is the limit.

If the engine has a lot of miles on the clock, it's hard to guess what will let go first. Most of us that went to F/I, get a taste of the power and want more. If that syndrom takes hold, it will all depend on your wallet. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
ok. so would i be able to use the stock fuel system and just replace the pump to get more flow? i know im going to need tuning and i have a guy thats gonna do it for me. what else will i need

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. so would i be able to use the stock fuel system and just replace the pump to get more flow? i know im going to need tuning and i have a guy thats gonna do it for me. what else will i need

You'll need a new set of larger injectors along with a bigger fuel pump

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i still have the injector spider set up. will i need to replace that?
Not really for sure. I'm not to good with the fuel systems, I just know that with more air you need more fuel. I'm sure someone on here can answer your question.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is needed to run that S/C set-up besides duct work and mounting brackets?

Tricky...yes you will ned to upgrade the Spider unit if your going for big HP. Switch to carb YUCK or marine intake swap which will run b/w 1-2k easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo