I Need Some Input/Help. Thanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoxNationEst1918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon 4x (old body style) Does anyone know a company that still sells a lift kit other than pro comp that is a 3" or 4" kit. I went to a shop and they told me that they could only find a 6" by pro comp and that if i got it i would have a to get an extended after market driveshaft. I want to know if i go with a 3" or 4" if i still have to go with the aftermarket driveshaft and would a 98 lift kit be able to fit if there are none for a 99 (due to the split year body style). Thanks for the input fellas.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking into getting the rough country 4" lift... but it says that it will need a new driveshaft for the front. I dont know why. They also have a 3" that doesnt require that driveshaft. I think the 98 one will fit yours, its the same truck. The only thing that happened in 99 is that they introduced the new body. The 99 is like todays 07 "classic" chevy pickups

Kits include shocks at a very good price. Check em out.

http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_suspensions.html

OP
OP
S

SoxNationEst1918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya dude thats what i thought. but the guy kept trying to telling me that there was something different but everytime i told him it was just that it was that halfyear and he couldnt give me a reasonable answer. cause all the other aftermarket parts that fit a 98 fit a 99 old body style

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading that kit's instructions and with a 4 door, there seems to be more work. Having to spend 50% more than the kit itself to buy a driveshaft stinks, so much for spending less than $1000. And you have to cut and re-route your exhaust...up at the stock y-pipe..that can't be easy or cheap to do.

I can see this whole deal easily going over $2000 with the new driveshaft, customizing your y-pipes , having to do an extensive alignment and possibly paying a shop to do the install if you don't have the tools / experience with this sort of work. Maybe closer to $2500 when the dust clears and it rolls out the door?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new front driveshaft is only if you have autotrac. The exhaust work is nothing, any muffler shop can do that in an hour. An extensive alignment? Alignment yes, again not a big deal.

Do be prepared to drop some coin to do this right though.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autotrac? i dont remember off the top of my head if mine has that... it has the electric
4x4 selector on the dash on the right side to the left of the radio. It has an option for automatic 4x4 or something like that. Does that mean i have autotrac?

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you will have 4 selections. Yes that is the autotrac and you will need the drive shaft. I thought i didnt need it and now it makes lot of noise on highway. I took it off and when i go play in the sand i put it back on

OP
OP
S

SoxNationEst1918

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at 4 Wheel Parts and he said he would be able to do a 4" Pro Comp with installation for $2088. he said i wouldnt need the driveshaft. Does anyone know if i can properly operate without that extended driveshaft in 4x. (yes i have autotrac)

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is a CV driveshaft if I recall correctly, I am not so sure it is the length in question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583