HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair from them for my brothers Jeep. Hopefully I get my tracking number soon.

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern Indiana, the land of annoying lepreachons
Just ordered my first pair from them for my brothers Jeep. Hopefully I get my tracking number soon.

They have a range of order numbers that they are currently shipping that they seem to update daily. I hope my order number is in tomorrow's range.

It will be my luck that they'll come when I'm in Costa Rica next week.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
They came last Friday and installed them today. Great illumination at night now with both the headlights and fogs with the HID in all of them.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered a pair apexcone hids a few weeks ago and went to put them in my gals 2005 tahoe and nothing. did anyone else have this problem. im going to try them in my 01 tahoe tomorrow and see if they work in there. if they dont work in my truck do i need a harness?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ordered a pair apexcone hids a few weeks ago and went to put them in my gals 2005 tahoe and nothing. did anyone else have this problem. im going to try them in my 01 tahoe tomorrow and see if they work in there. if they dont work in my truck do i need a harness?

Flip the connection around and put it in backwards, had to install both sides that way on my truck!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
damn that was it went outside and they came on. thanks

lol

You're the elevendy-billionth person to have that issue. Once someone figured it out, things suddenly started working for a lot of people on here.

TheUnscented

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its always best to run HID's in a projector housing, unless the reflectors were specifically designed for HID (ie, the escalade, first gen Envoy, Acura RL, etc). I went and bought Denali housings for my truck for this reason. Now, were they designed for HID applications? No, they were designed for 9005 halogen bulbs. However, the projector allows the light to be more directly and evenly distributed (whatever the source), so they actually work pretty well with HID bulbs.

Not all projectors are compatible with HID kits though, so check with the manufacturer before you buy. As for the 55w vs 35w questions, it depends on how much light output you need. Either will work in a regular headlight housing...it's when people try to put a 55w bulb in a smaller fog/driving light housing that they have problems. The 55w generates more heat, and can melt the smaller housings.
We have pretty much the same truck: I have a 02 SLT. I'd like to add HID to my non-Denali Yukon, what exactly (and from whom) did you buy your light kits? Have you a photo? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts