HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i was thinking of the 55w lows for my '99 Hoe...any chance of damaging the housing, should i stick with 35w instead?

Also, i've read that it's a good idea to change the housing on my year b/c of how the light will reflect with HIDs...what do you guys think?

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its always best to run HID's in a projector housing, unless the reflectors were specifically designed for HID (ie, the escalade, first gen Envoy, Acura RL, etc). I went and bought Denali housings for my truck for this reason. Now, were they designed for HID applications? No, they were designed for 9005 halogen bulbs. However, the projector allows the light to be more directly and evenly distributed (whatever the source), so they actually work pretty well with HID bulbs.

Not all projectors are compatible with HID kits though, so check with the manufacturer before you buy. As for the 55w vs 35w questions, it depends on how much light output you need. Either will work in a regular headlight housing...it's when people try to put a 55w bulb in a smaller fog/driving light housing that they have problems. The 55w generates more heat, and can melt the smaller housings.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought some 35w 4300s on sunday. what's the over/under on when i'll receive them? :D

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
If they're in stock I've never had to wait more then three business days and I'm in Alaska, so I'd say tomorrow...lol.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
thats because 12000k lights are higher on the chart and produce less lumens. think of it being like a black light. it might be a 60 watt bulb but it won't illuminate a room the same way a lower k light will.

yeah i know that but i mean my philips are bluer and brighter it kinda made him think why he went with 12000k with less color and less lumens. all he wanted was a lot of blue. he made the mistake of thinking it would still be brighter than stock because of ''HID''. i talked him into buying 5-600k bulbs for better performance and looks.

getsome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered a set for my '03 Denali. I think they'll look sharp in my new projector housings (when they arrive!). Hope the 9006's are still the right thing!

Good find, here. Great deal!

~B

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Just ordered a set for my '03 Denali. I think they'll look sharp in my new projector housings (when they arrive!). Hope the 9006's are still the right thing!

Good find, here. Great deal!

~B

What housings did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10