HID deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Just found this and thought some of you would be interested. Less then $30 for a kit with a lifetime warranty, or $40 for 55w....I have no experience with this particular kit, so take it for what it's worth.

I did order some for my fogs, though. Too good of a price to pass up, and I've had good luck with DDM in the past.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=102&parent=85

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I've had 2 other sets of DDM's HID's, and they both worked longer then I had the car (a couple of years). They were cheap back then compared to others, too. Now they're even cheaper.

Did some research, and here's what I found out. DDM and Apexcone are the same company. One is retail, one is wholesale, but other then that the products are the same. They are now building their own ballasts here in the U.S. of A., so they have no importing to do. Less cost to them, less to the customer. Makes sense to me.

Having had no issues in the past, and knowing a lot of people, including quite a few on here, with DDM kits, I'm willing to risk $30 to try a kit....lol.

I'll try them out for a few months. If I have no issues I'll order another set of D2S HID's for my retro as back-ups.

Last edited:

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
When I ordered mine from DDM I didn't see a lifetime warranty for the Raptors. I would have tried them if there was. Maybe they just added that.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Don't know when you got yours, but these are the newest, Raptor V2's, which they now offer the lifetime warranty on.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have experience with the raptor set but i have the regular slim ballast set from ddmtuning and i couldnt be happier, life time warranty, i have had 0 issues on my tahoe so far, ive ordered other brands online and either a bulb or a ballast went out within a month or so. the slim set is 49.95 which is still a killer price.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to buy a set of the 3000K 5202's to install in my fogs....I still haven't installed the 880s that I ordered from the "$42 HID" place...

But I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the 6000K to match my lows or to get the 3000Ks.....I know the 3000Ks are more "functional" in fog...but will it look goofy to have the 6000K lows and 3000K fogs on together?

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the original Raptor's in my headlights and fogs. No issues to complain of really. I bought them at $40 a set, which I thought was an insane deal. Hell, at that price, if they only last a year, then it's still worth it. I've had them in for about 6 months, no problems at all.

Only advice I'd give is be careful mounting the ballasts. I used a screw that was a wee bit too big on one and broke the tab - my own fault, and not performance effecting.

If the V2's are even better, I'd be all over them like white on rice.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
sweet. that just got me to finally hit the order button on these. i've wanted hids for a long time but just couldn't get myself to pay the high price. picked up some for the lows and fogs :)

btw, anyone know how a set of 55w hids compare to a 100w standard bulb? i'm considering a set for my hellas too but if its going to be much dimmer, then i'll pass

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size bulb do your hella's take? If it's H3, then I'd pass. The HID bulbs are longer...much longer than H3 bulbs. You're going to throw the focal point way out of whack and possibly wind up with less output. That's if the bulbs even fit, cause the pic in your sig looks like those are slim lights.
If you're going to go H3 HID, I'd look at retrosolutions.com at thier H3 mini kit. Their H3 mini is the same size as an H3 halogen, so the light's focal point does not change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo