Hd hood on 2002 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it is worth it in the end when you pull up to somebody who knows Tahoes/Yukons and they see that HD hood on a Yukon :eek: priceless IMO

And Nates right--high end is a matter of perspective as I spent a good chunk on a low beam retro and it is worth every penny to me while others would think it is a complete waste of time......

OP
OP
O

ohitstruee

Reaction score
Yeah I guess u guys are rught guess ill wait till after the holidays to do this since I already have the hood just looking at me looking all good

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess u guys are rught guess ill wait till after the holidays to do this since I already have the hood just looking at me looking all good

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Especially if have the hood already......just wait it out-save your pennies--and have it done right. You will be happy.

I'm trying to find one locally but am in no rush since winter has already started up here. Keep us posted ;)

Reaction score
I was talking to my metal guy yesterday when I was at the shop finishing up my truck and he said the process wasn't to bad, but he is real **** about his work and really took his time with it.

He said he doesn't have a problem doing another one since he knows exactly what to do now, but he would need the truck for a day or so to fit the hood to the truck, adjust it, cut at it slowly shaping it correctly and closing the seam properly so the structure isn't ruined especially since the hood is opened and closed so many times, you don't want that area folding over, cracking etc.

Better to do it right the first time then mess something up and spending more money to get it fixed.

I'll get a quote from him to cut the hood and to repaint. I'm here in San Berdoo close to you, but my shop is in downtown LA off Mateo St.

I'll get some good pics tomorrow and post up from different angles.

Reaction score
No problem man. It's the least I can do, this forum has been awesome for me and everyone is really helpful unlike other forums I frequent.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of high end and what all it takes to get accomplished.

High end for a yukon... maybe. But someone with a tahoe might get a matching hood used for $200 and it bolts right up. Might have a painter friend in the business that will paint and cut the $200 hood for $50 (supplies) and be in it for $250 and a 12 pack.

personally I don't think $800 is high end when you talk about $1000+ headlight retrofits, $3,000 rims and tires, $5,000 stereos, or $5,000 air ride systems. It's up to you...

SO F'N TRUE!!!

Customizing/modding isn't a cheap game

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1SickVeilSideZ.... are you still around?

I saw a cell phone pic taken at night of your completed hood, but wanted to see more pics in the day. After what you described above from your metal guy, I would REALLY like to see UNDER the hood, how the cuts were folded over and finished off.

Thanks!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ohitstruee;737232 [MENTION=10768 said:
1SickVeilSideZ[/MENTION] any update?

1SickVeilSideZ.... are you still around?

I saw a cell phone pic taken at night of your completed hood, but wanted to see more pics in the day. After what you described above from your metal guy, I would REALLY like to see UNDER the hood, how the cuts were folded over and finished off.

Thanks!

Last Activity: 10-06-2014 for @1SickVeilSideZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076