2015 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
benjamminharris

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can choose which screens show up in the setup menu. Find fuel economy and select it as an active screen. Then when you go to the section that has driver stuff (forget the actual name) you should be able to scroll up or down ans find it along with oil life, tire pressure, mph, etc. Once you find it, take a cruise down a backroad and hit 55 mph and then roll back off the gas and see if the V8 turns to V4. If it doesn't, then maybe someone tuned it out.
Cool. I will do that. Thanks you for the help. I am used to driving an 07 Tahoe for the last 10 years, so this thing is like a space ship to me .

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking. I’m surprised though because 2015 was the new body style for that generation and why in 2015.5 would they already make changes. Like transmission, and wireless charger. I do have power liftgate, and on key fob but I don’t think that it’s nessaerly hands free. When I scroll through there is no instant V4 or V8. I guess if the previous owner messed with it that’s prob better. I’ve never heard of GM making changes though halfway thru the year. Especially the first year of a new body style.
You have to remember 2015s were being sold in April 2014. They probably didn't have everything ready at launch, or had supplier issues, therefore the mid year additions.

OP
OP
benjamminharris

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True. I remember when I was selling GMC in 2007, and the 07 new body style hit the lot like March or April of 06. The 07 classic Sierra had a body style had half the year of 06, but 07.5 was newer body style. Then came the newer Duramax with exhaust filters, finally came Def, and now’s it’s almost 2024. Time flies.

gjbfromplymouth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2015 Yukon Denali XL and have 99,000 miles. I mainly use it to tow a camper trailer. I had a lot of problems with shudder in the transmission until they replace the fluid with the newer and heavier LV ATF Mobil synthetic fluid. It takes about 20 quarts (over $400 with 2 hrs labor). I have had that done twice. I have the 8 speed transmission. At 80k front air ride shocks were replaced $2,100 and engine oil cooler lines and trans oiler cooler lines, both for $980. I have had door "applique moldings" replaced several times for over $300. Front brake pads and rotors replaced at 65,000 miles for $450. At 56,000 miles i had the valve lifters go out and it cost $3,250 to fix. That happened as I was towing the camper on a vacation. Three day delay in the trip. At 55,000 miles the AC condenser went out, but that only cost $475 to fix. At 45,000 miles $390 to change fluid in transmission per bulletin 18-NA-355.
I haven't added it all up, but I have spent more maintaining this vehicle than I have on all my other vehicles since I first started buying new vehicles in 1968. I like the vehicle but this is my last GMC vehicle ever. Nothing was covered by warranty except a battery in the second year. I have done all the required maintenance at GMC dealers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts