Has anyone installed their own heated seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strongz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup, I'll include them. It's actually not separate instructions, they are all the same but direct you to certain step numbers depending on your application.

Did you ever post the instructions you were going to scan for how to install the heated seat kits? Also, when you bought the kit from GMPD, did it include the kit for both the front driver and passenger seat? Thanks! You can PM me if you prefer.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I just finished the install. Yes, the kit covers both seats. I'll see about scanning the instructions although they are only helpful to a point. Overall it worked pretty well, but the photos in the instructions are mostly unintelligible. That means that you are pretty much on your own to figure out the routing of the harnesses under the seats. They come equipped with little Christmas tree fasteners that look like they should pop into existing holes, but I couldn't find many. One thing that is ambiguous is that the seat and back heaters have the same plugs and it's not clear which plugs on the harness they plug into. The harnesses have different thicknesses of wrapping so I matched up thick to thick and thin to thin and it seemed OK. You do need to be basically handy (most people know their limits) and you will need an e-torx socket set (sizes 14 & 20 IIRC) and a trim removal tool set ($5 or so at Harbor Fright). Do be aware that when you are finished nothing will work until you have the dealer re-program the body computer so you are still at their mercy. My dealer quoted me $200 for that - I talked them down to $150 and still feel I got taken, but I didn't have time or energy to go shopping around.

strongz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GreatWhite - thanks for the info. Did you buy a GM heated seat kit (like from GM parts direct), or did you buy one of the generic aftermarket kits? I ask because it does seem od that your kit had the Christmas tree fasteners but nowhere to connect them to the vehicle.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
It was the kit from GMPD. There are a couple of big advantages to that over the generic ones: the heating elements fit the seat cushions perfectly, you can use factory switches instead of having to drill holes somewhere for your own and you don't have to root around for a power source - just a pair of plugs behind the parking brake. I suppose there was probably an approved way to route the wiring in which case the fasteners might have lined up, I couldn't discern it from the photos. No big deal, it all sits nicely under the seats.

94blackcamaroz2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase the GM kit for my wife's tahoe. It's a 2007 Tahoe with the 40/20/40 in the front. Its weird because on the Tahoe it's badged 'LS' but according to the build sheet it's 'LT'.

Very confusing to me, but anyways back to the heated seat kit. Does this kit work only for the captains chair or will it work with the 40/20/40?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be doing this my next go around of parts for my Hoe, I hate getting into my Hoe when its cold. . . . I like it when it's warm!!! :naughty:

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ever tackle the second row heated seat install? I have the bucket seats and was interested in adding the heated seat function to them.

I wonder what is involved in this versus the front install, and exactly what parts are needed?

tonester1011

Reaction score
So if this is the full kit from gmpd the switches go up in front of the door pulls in the panels correct?? And the kit includes the whole'plastic surround that holds the switches?? And if so what color are the plastics??? There isn't much of a description on the site. Just trying to figure it all out so I can order, my butt is cold!!! =)

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Yes and yes. Actually you get a whole new set of door handles. I ordered "titanium" to match my interior - I think they had black and tan too, but I don't remember since I wasn't looking for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyJoe96

Latest posts