Who has Tuxmats in their truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Was going to go with Weathertech mats in my Yukon, but then I saw a post about Tuxmats (which I had never heard of). They look great on the website, and the coverage looks fantastic (they appear to wrap over the door sills -- and since I don't have the lighted door sills, I'd be happy to cover them and keep them from getting scratched to hell).

I just don't know anything more about them than one or two folks on here saying they love theirs.

Can anyone shed anymore light on them? How do they "install?" Do they clip into the factory clips, or is there anything else involved in setting and securing them in place? (I don't want to get involved in velroing anything to the carpet if I can avoid it.)

Thanks!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have them, but one thing I would be weary of- I have Weathertech-is if they curl up any by the door, the door will catch them and curl them up on the door panel quite an annoying bit. Then they catch on feet/shoes whatever and become a hazzard. When they start curling up, I have to try to bend them the other way and make sure they do not catch on the door panel while shutting the door.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curling is bad. I’ve tried wt, Husky and GM. So far, GM is the least problematic. No curling, but side walls tend to not conform sometimes.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be able to use a heat gun and straighten the edges of those mats back out.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husky X Act countours are the best as they are mostly rubber and not molded plastic. They lay down and stay down.
I personally went with Lloyd’s luxe mats as deep carpet is cushier and I don’t deal with wet debris and snow. They clean up great have a rubber backing and fit perfectly. Did a Husky mat for the rear cargo though….

Dj56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Tahoe Premier, I went with Rough Country mats front and back and they are great, have had several sets of weather tech in the past and these are nice. You will need a weather tech for the rear area due to Rough County not making that mat.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the WT.

Have Husky Weatherbeaters in the Suburban, Husky X Act in the Buick and had carpeted mats when I had the NBS.

All were great for my application. WR curling at the edges has always been the complaint.

Your mileage may vary.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Hey all,

Was going to go with Weathertech mats in my Yukon, but then I saw a post about Tuxmats (which I had never heard of). They look great on the website, and the coverage looks fantastic (they appear to wrap over the door sills -- and since I don't have the lighted door sills, I'd be happy to cover them and keep them from getting scratched to hell).

I just don't know anything more about them than one or two folks on here saying they love theirs.

Can anyone shed anymore light on them? How do they "install?" Do they clip into the factory clips, or is there anything else involved in setting and securing them in place? (I don't want to get involved in velroing anything to the carpet if I can avoid it.)

Thanks!
I have these in my 22' Denali and chose them based off looks alone. I haven't had issues with curling at the door sills and it's been about 1.5 years since they've been installed. I typically wipe them down with a wet rag to clean them up but I'm finally due for a deep clean at this point.

They come with clips that attach at various point of your liking to hold them down to the floor. I can't remember but I think they are hard durable plastic clips that have a velcro backing that attach to the mats. The velcro is taped both to the mat and clip and you can place them in areas that securely keep the mat in place. The clips slide into areas where the Yukon carpet slides behind the plastic trim.

So far these mats have worked out great for me but as always, YMMV.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks!
I have had Tuxmat floor mats for a 2022 Yukon and have been very pleased with them, no curling, durable fit perfectly protects for sure. Installs to factory clips and comes with them for additional fitting (if needed). I'll buy hem again when needed

Chrisw_2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just realized this was for the 21+ wayyyy to many tabs open, so edited my post

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts