Handling 101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
bars will always help it out only thing you will notice when you lower it 3-4 rear bar will face toward the ground this is why the shorter links I like better.

as others posted that I sold them the complete spohn kit it improves the rear a lot. the uppers wont work unless you weld on the tab for autoride.

On my truck I have the
DJM REAR BAR
DJM REAR LINKS (moves swaybar over)
SPOHN PANHARD
SPOHN DEL SPHERE LOWERS

Truck handles great but I dont drive it all the time my wife does but even with the 24s and big potholes here in san francisco it still rides great.

the 2/3-4 kit and the front/rear swaybars is the first mods I do to one of these trucks.

5504_488658047858277_304668133_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im a d3 dealer (deal a lot with them with the ctsv parts on my ctsv site) and honestly I wouldnt change the springs in the front. Start with the struts and if you did anything id do my strut mod in front before changing springs for a 1 inch drop. If you want more than 1 inch do spindles don't do 2 inch drop springs.

OH also their set up in rear you dont get shock extenders but autoride links and only lowers the back 1.75-2 inches

Been down this road a while ago.

Do the swaybars and then go from there. No use throwing all the money into it if your fine with how it is after you do swaybars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH also their set up in rear you dont get shock extenders but autoride links and only lowers the back 1.75-2 inches

Yeah this was confusing me ... I don't understand how they keep the shocks from airing up without autoride links. :think:

The reason I am looking at them is because most reviews have them lowering the rear about 1.5", which is really what I've always wanted ... basically to find a simple solution to leaving the front alone and bringing down the rear slightly to level it. But I'm suspicious how they do this with just two springs and no other hardware.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
in rear its springs but new links when I used the kits. Still tricks the rear in coming down but bottoms out the shock more where as shock extenders will help with that.

another thing RAKE IS HORRIBLE. Front it drops 2 inches and rear 2 inches keeps a big rake on the truck. if they did the back a 3 inch drop spring with shock extenders would have been perfect.

On my 5305 coils with autoride its great. Tows perfect and best of all with the spacers in rear that come with the kit you can keep front stock and rear will sit about even getting rid of the oem rake that gm LOVES to put on our trucks.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge.... imo ..... you seem like a picky type of person to me........

Due in fact to your personality..... I would say keep your suspensions modifications modest. Altering one thing makes you alter another.

JMHO.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thats why I told him start with swaybars then go from there.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay that's what I'm doing. I'll install the sway bars and see how I like it. But then I thought installing just a rear set of H&R rear springs would be the simplest way of leveling the truck. It just surprises me that they don't include links with their springs.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony..... overall I am really happy with the 5301 2 inch springs. I just got my Z-71 red shocks for the rear today.

I can imagine on Auto Ride they would be excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212