Getting message?:"Tighten Gas Cap" or are you Unable to fill your tank? ! Look here !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnumac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here, thought I 'd chime in with my experience with this problem. I drive a lot of dirt and gravel so my 2005 yukon has had this most of its life. sometimes changing the solenoid valve helps but if it doesn't, I have had to take the canister off and beat the crap out of it and blow it out with an air nozzle, in order for it to take fuel. it doesn't make it perfect but seems to help a lot. for me it makes the fuel click off maybe one per fill instead of once every couple of seconds.

Jps777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tighten fuel cap

Well ive replaced the canister purge valve and the gas cap and had the code cleared. Drove fine for 2days and code is coming back and message is flashing to tighten gas cap again. Anyone have sugesstions on what this problem might be??? Also i cant pump gas without it cutting off atleast 30 times and taking me 20min to fill up

Munsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I am getting slightly confused here. Do I need a "Canister" or a "Solenoid?"

They seem to have different p/n and I am having trouble finding the canister (p/n 2142149) at any of my local stores.

Someone please 'essplain'

Thanks,
Munsk.

Munsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, But its too late. I bought them both today. I hope to have time to install them Sat.

Thanks.
Munsk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts