Getting 8.5 mpg need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so acdeelco fuel pump module with sender, float, strainer and pump, lock ring, gasket seal, and new tank ties. anything else?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My own preference is for GM/AC Delco OE or Original Equipment parts whenever possible. Then down to the Professional Line.

Looking up an '04 Tahoe with the LM7, MU1639 is the OE pump and sender and under the Professional line it is MU2294. This was from AC Delco website.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My own preference is for GM/AC Delco OE or Original Equipment parts whenever possible. Then down to the Professional Line.

Looking up an '04 Tahoe with the LM7, MU1639 is the OE pump and sender and under the Professional line it is MU2294. This was from AC Delco website.

okay i ordered the MU1639 they didnt have that pro level one listed but after looking at it i shouldve check for that. didnt know u could look up on ac delco. thanks for that. next big item i change i will look for the pro version. gonna get that hardware you posted too. looking to get this done by the end of the week. parts should be here wednesday

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
okay i ordered the MU1639 they didnt have that pro level one listed but after looking at it i shouldve check for that. didnt know u could look up on ac delco. thanks for that. next big item i change i will look for the pro version. gonna get that hardware you posted too. looking to get this done by the end of the week. parts should be here wednesday

Screenshot_20180513-104953.png

The Pro is just good replacement for OE. It doesn't really make a difference almost ever in my book. Just be sure you're not buying the Advantage parts when they come up.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it might help, but that all local thing is the main factor killing your mph.

i just hit a solid 10.0 light footing it local. i hardly drive it due to this, weekends only for the last month or so. my race toy gets better mpg on the local trips to and from work, a tank of gas will last me a month in that thing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do yall think this is gonna help my MPG issue?

It might if it was leaking fuel. With my first car, I was tracking my mileage with a steno pad. Each tank of gas got worse and worse mileage. At 6 mpg I popped the hood and fixed a leaky hose. Went back up and then I wasn't driving the car much with school but as I completed my calculations from the last tank, my mileage was 1.1 mpg! Popped the hood and got a woof of gas and another very leaky fuel line replaced! LOL Those were the days!

Here's one for ya. Since October, the truck has taken on 460.7 gallons. It has burned 436.6 gallons. The current fuel is not part of this equation. So what happened to 24 gallons? I'm thinking the computer did not account for it during the remote starts. What do y'all think? With the way our DIC computer options are set up, we can keep track of actual fuel used and not just how much we pumped in. Often we pump in one amount and burn another. It's not much different but long term it does affect the accuracy of calculations.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting done tomrrow. ever since we ran smoke in the truck and took those pics the mpg got exponentially worse and i can smell gasoline inside the truck with the windows up. ill update with whats found tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts