2001 chevy tahoe 5.3. NEED HELP PLZ!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repp2106

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello anyone...
Just replaces both knock sensors. But still getting a sputter or misfire when accelerating little quickly then clears. Also same at 50-65mph and rims from. 1500 to 1900 then clears up. NO CODES. Is there a relearn procedure? Or anything i can check for I literally just bought it last Sunday drove great. Exactly at 50 miles code came on for the bank 2 knock sensor. It was the harness. I replaced both sensors and harness. Please HELP!! LOSING MY MIND HA

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you said that you are NOT getting a check engine light now since you replaced the knock sensors and harness, but still getting sputtering and hesitation?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

What code did you get? What parts manufacturer did you buy? Based off of what you have said, I would also do a little maintenance. I would clean the throttle body and the MAF sensor. I would look for a vacuum leak. Does the problem only happen after warm up?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

What code did you get? What parts manufacturer did you buy? Based off of what you have said, I would also do a little maintenance. I would clean the throttle body and the MAF sensor. I would look for a vacuum leak. Does the problem only happen after warm up?
I see where you're going with this, and I'll also chime in as well. If it's running okay when first started (engine not fully warmed up yet) but sputtering and hesitates upon acceleration when the engine is up to operating temp, that a classic sign of an intake manifold gasket leak. But you said that you just replaced the knock sensors. Hopefully you installed a new intake manifold gasket and didn't re-use the old one. If you decided to re-use the old gasket, then THAT very well could be the cause of your sputtering and misfire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019