Getting 8.5 mpg need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need to spray that for a test, we know its leaking bad.

o ring is bad, or a line is snapped / cracked at the pump.

hit the strap bolts with some pb blaster for a day or two before you tackle the job, lowers the odds of that stripped bolt action.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shop is doing this one. my boss caught me doing the tranny fluid change and chewed me out dont need him getting riffed over the gasoline smells lol i will prepare it for them tho lol now lets talk parts :) ill be ordering from rock auto most likely but need to know the part numbers for the proper fuel pump assembly, the gasket and that metal ring. also the straps. i read somewhere its good to replace those for future maintanence. 2004 chevy tahoe 5.3 V8 T VIN.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id grab a new pump and canister, this way you get a new sending unit as well. re use everything else, shop likely wont have any issues. id not even lube the bolts for em. let them earn that money lol

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find often i can get things cheaper at advanced auto on line with a discount code and have it in hand 30 minutes later. and have a nice local warranty too.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id grab a new pump and canister, this way you get a new sending unit as well. re use everything else, shop likely wont have any issues. id not even lube the bolts for em. let them earn that money lol

send me some lanks bro of what you talking about exactly. i changed all the other parts of the evap system if thats the canister you talking about. lol i hear yah.

i find often i can get things cheaper at advanced auto on line with a discount code and have it in hand 30 minutes later. and have a nice local warranty too.

you got a point there!! i need some product numbers to make it happen though

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you just need to enter your year make and model and parts that fit will show up in the search. if they show a vin# letter or number make sure yours is a match. the flex fuel pump might be different.

random search for a 04 tahoe, thats pretty much what the whole canister and pump looks like. you can buy just a new pump for like 40 bucks and replace it, but im not sure you can buy a new seal for the top of it.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...Lz_tq3UHPokCAvePepRoCdhkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you just need to enter your year make and model and parts that fit will show up in the search. if they show a vin# letter or number make sure yours is a match. the flex fuel pump might be different.

random search for a 04 tahoe, thats pretty much what the whole canister and pump looks like. you can buy just a new pump for like 40 bucks and replace it, but im not sure you can buy a new seal for the top of it.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...Lz_tq3UHPokCAvePepRoCdhkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

thanks i got the t v getting parts together at the cheapest i can find from different sites. wish me luck guys will update when i get the stuff done and hopefully it helps.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
which one breh? i seen a couple ac delco that seems would fit mine...T vin. is there an RPO code for what i already have in therE?

Rock shows MU1639

well look at that, they do sell just the seal. that pumps not cheap, and yours seems to work still. 13 dollar seal might be worth it.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...9666acd/10809256-P?searchTerm=fuel+pumps+seal

I dunno, the top of that pump looks petty rusty, those lines are probably about to break off, too. I would also buy the lock ring. You gotta beat that thing pretty good to get it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900