Fuel efficiency improvements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
18-19 city 24-25 highway...

but that goes down depending on how much i like my tailpipes that day

Seems a little far fetched even if you engine was brand new with synthetic fluids everywhere.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I'm right at 11.

What the hell is going on with yours?

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a little far fetched even if you engine was brand new with synthetic fluids everywhere.

A little? LOL! Its impossible! But I am not gonna start arguing again with people who have no clue! SMH.....

A 2wd 2 door with the 273 gears isnt capable of 25mpg......Just saying.....

Last edited:

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on a short (150 mile round trip) interstate hwy trip yesterday from Lake Charles, La to Lafayette, La and back. This the first time I've had it on the highway since the 4.56 gears were installed.

It was all flat land driving with the cruise control set at 71mph (tach @ 2300rpm) the majority of the trip except when I had to pass a jerk here and there.

I got just under 14mpg, if you throw out the 10 - 20 miles or so that I spent driving around in Lafayette and Lake Charles I would estimate 14mpg for just the hwy portion of the tank. I normally get about 12.7 - 13mpg with mixed driving.

I guess I can live with that until I can do some fuel eff/performance mods. The poor MPG is the trade off for driving a lifted Hoe with oversized tires.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have made about 15 trips from Upstate NY to about an hour from Philly, just about 275 miles each way. Best I ever got was about 14.5, worst was probably 13.0. Mixed driving conditions, from 90+ degree heat to 20* cold, from cruising at 78mph behind truckers, to barely 65mph (construction traffic), all through the mountains of Route 81. Will be crossing the 200K mark on my next trip down, original engine and tranny...

But, having a new spider assembly put in before I leave, along with a new fuel filter. Running Seafoam through the tank on the way down (have run about 24oz of it about every 3-4 months for the last year, full 30 gallons in the tank), and just recently ran Seafoam through the intake (thought maybe it would clear my rough idle, no luck, time for the spider).

Will see how much/ if any mileage improvements the spider/fuel filter makes. On Kumho Mojave AT's, 285/75/16's w/ 1/4" of tread left, filled to 50psi....

Currently, running around town (stop and go, 3-4 miles at a time), with the occasional 20 mile jaunt to Utica, and then back - getting a combined 12-12.5mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts