2004 Yukon Denali 6.0 AWD- HELP runs like my rav4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gene456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here. Don’t chew me out too bad if it’s just something easy and I have over looked. My Yukon will drive all day with no load, if and only if I stay under 25% throttle. If I give it more it stumbles. It won’t go above about 3500 rpm up or down hill doesn’t matter. It will do the same thing in park if you hold it to the floor.
I get, pending and current, Lean condition codes, bank 1 and bank 2.
Live stream shows fuel trims maxing out when I give it more than 25% throttle.
Absolute throttle position seems right on live stream.

What I have done;

New fuel pump and lines(pump->rail)
Confirmed 60 psi at idle and under throttle, not while driving

New air filter

New plugs and wires A/C-D
All 8 even the back 2

New down stream o2 sensors due to a cat efficiency code. Spacers solved that

New line for pvc valve. 2004 valve is in the valve cover, non serviceable.

Performed smoke test. No luck. No leak near intake. Or under hood.
There was smoke coming out of my vent valve near the charcoal canister. Idk if that was supposed to happen or not.

I had the classic abs buzz, 2 new abs sensors fixed that along with new calipers and all.

Also the hose from the pcv valve on valve cover to the intake whistles. If you pinch it, it will stop.

Let me know what you think. I am stumped.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please confirm, fuel trims ok at idle but are 25% positive on the throttle? Where did you get the plugs and wires from? Amazon? Or a reliable source like Rock Auto or dealer?

My RAV4 doesn't run like that at all Lol, although it definitely has more road noise than my 21 year older Yukon!

Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New downstream sensors reporting cat efficiency problem. The PCM told you what was wrong. Next time get simple $30 IR thermometer and hit the front and backend of the Cats and you will see that the downstream end of the cats are much colder than the inlet side. Thats because they are plugged and not flowing enough exhaust out. Same symptom as Eddie Murphy stuffing a potatoe in your exhaust pipe. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod